𝐱𝐱. raving

LOVERS ROCK

chapter twenty; raving
[ season two - chapter eight ]

With a mouthful of fries, the blonde patiently awaited, the Sheriff's Veggie Burger Meal (that he will undoubtedly be infuriated by when he sees it), occasionally she would nudge the boy sitting beside her as he continued to laugh at her pain. When she confided him in, expressing just how frustrated she was by the situation, she expected pity, sympathy, maybe even some advice, but all she received was fits of laughter, hands smacking on the dashboard as he struggled to catch his breath, and cheese fries, which she had to eat before they got down to the station to save his father from complaining about the healthy order Stiles would force upon him.
Her current dilemma seemed minuscule compared to the things she usually dealt with, it was a little date with someone who clearly had an innocent crush on her, nothing more than that. But she didn't want it. She didn't want to date him, nor nobody else. Not for one might, certainly not any longer. She tried to defend herself to the boy who mocked her, explaining that when she had agreed to the date she was just nodding along, but he was laughing far too much to feel sorry for her predicament.

Eventually, she stopped justifying herself completely, resorting to sulking and eating her cheesy fries in the hopes that someone else might give her some useful advice. At least for tonight, she was provided with a distraction from her trouble. A quiet dinner with the Stilinski was just what the doctor ordered. She had been craving some normality, to feel as at ease as she had when she first arrived in Beacon Hills. Though she wouldn't admit it to Stiles, she had missed living in their spare room, having nightly meals with them, laughing at old movies, or, more favorably, at the expense of Stiles who more often than not tripped over a rug that had been there longer than he had.

"I just can't believe it." Stiles sighed, sitting back, finally pausing his laughter. "You and Matt. I- This... Wow."
"I told you I wasn't even listening! How was I supposed to know what I was agreeing too? I barely even know him, we probably haven't even spoken a handful of times." Honey flailed, waving her fries around as Stiles sneakily grabbed one every time they came near him. "Do you think I want to go on this date with him? Or anyone for that matter. You know how much I like my bed and my fluffy pajamas." she said, shoving in another handful. "The only male I want in my life is the gold-haired one that curls up at the end of my bed."
"Hey!" Stiles nudged the girl.
"Fine, and Scott. And your dad. But you, you are on thin ice." she warned him, pointing a cheesy fry at him as he snatched it from her hand, throwing it in his mouth.
"You know you'd miss me if I was gone."
"More like I'd feel like I'd gone deaf," she mumbled beneath her breath. "Seriously, Stiles, I need a good excuse to get out of this. Is it too on the nose to use my dead dad as an excuse?" the girl asked, just as the server was handing them the rest of their meals. Based on her expression, she assumed yes, it was too on the nose to use that.

The blonde sat back in a huff once again, shaking the thought of the date off for one night. She had to make the most of tonight, it was probably the closest she would get to a normal night or even a normal family for a long time. She and Abby certainly didn't fit the bill of a normal family. She felt sorry for her aunt who would be spending the night alone, well, with Bee, but she tried to get the woman to come along, perhaps even she wanted some normality. Just one night that she didn't have to look out for a teenage girl who was only a few years younger than her.
Honey had pretty much taken all freedom away from the woman, she deserved a night to herself as much as anyone.

As she followed Stiles through the Sheriff's Station, she was met with the same pitiful looks that she had been receiving since the day she came here. Nobody had gotten over her move here, it didn't help that her father had died since then. She was the talk of the town. Everyone wanted to get a better look at poor, helpless little Honey who's skin crawled just at the thought of everyone knowing her business. After her face being on the front page of the newspapers, that should be a thought she got used to, there would always be eyes on her thanks to her parents.
Perhaps the Sheriff's Station wasn't the best place to host their Friday night dinner, but with all of the trouble Beacon Hills had had recently, they had to fit to Noah's busy schedule, this was all the time he had to spend with his son and the girl he hoped to be his future daughter-in-law.