𝐱. co-captain

LOVERS ROCK
chapter ten ;
co-captain
[ season one - episode ten ]

LOVERS ROCKchapter ten ; co-captain[ season one - episode ten ]

The blonde stared up at the ceiling, restless as Allison Argent tossed and turned beside her, just as restless as she was. This was supposed to be fun, relaxing, a girly sleepover arranged by her father's girlfriend, the other girl's aunt. But it couldn't have been less fun or relaxing. The hunter who had arranged tonight was only part of the reason why.

As of late, she struggled to be around Allison, she was supposed to be avoiding her completely for the sake of Scott, not having sleepovers with her, playing happy families with the Argents at the dinner table. There hadn't been much choice in the matter, they were part of the same little family now, and things like this couldn't be escaped. Tonight was supposed to be a dinner party between her family and Allison's, not an impromptu sleepover that apparently everyone but her and Allison was aware of.

Perhaps she only had herself to blame for being dragged into tonight. The Argents and her dad's reasoning for tonight was because of the growing distance between her and Allison. Apparently, having an overprotective dad all of a sudden meant that he noticed the things he usually didn't care about. Part of her wished she had a dad that barely paid attention to her again. Family. The word that was beginning to grate on the blonde. You and Allison are family now. We all need to stick together, we're family. Our growing family. It had been said so often at dinner that it didn't sound like a word to her anymore.

It was just for one night, she told herself. She would find a way to both avoid Allison, and be her friend at the same time. Keeping enough of a distance that she didn't have to worry about one of the many secrets that she was keeping from her slipping out, but close enough to know how her day went, what she had for breakfast, to keep their families at bay.

Some of the night had been fun, she could admit that. There were movies, face masks, candles, and popcorn. All of the things that a sleepover should have. But there was a time in everybody's sleepovers when girls began to talk, and if a breakup was still raw, it would undeniably come up. And it did. Not only Scott, a painful topic of conversation for someone who was friends with both of the breakup parties, but what he had done to get the necklace. Sending her reminders of their friendship. Allison hadn't just told her about it, but she showed her. Somehow, it was even more painful seeing it than hearing about the awkward exchange from both of them.

After that, Honey didn't think the night could have gotten any worse. The topic of Scott had been burnt out, it couldn't get worse, could it? Yes.