𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. frenemy

LOVERS ROCK

chapter eighteen ; frenemy
[ season two - episode six ]

chapter eighteen ; frenemy[ season two - episode six ]

Tapping on the dashboard, she sat quietly in Stiles' Jeep, staring out into darkness, repeatedly replaying the conversation that she and Lydia had over in her mind. It was quite humorous. It turned out, the two of them weren't so different after all. Deep down, behind the way that they had decided to hide their true emotions, they were the same girl. Insecure. Scared. In need of a sense of love and stability that they just couldn't seem to get their hands on. She never thought she would be sat thinking about Lydia Martin, let alone feel sorry for her. It certainly hadn't been on her bingo card. 

The redhead was a wreck when she had tried to get answers out of them all, more solid answers than the one that Honey had given her in the bathroom. Granted, it was the most honesty she'd received in years, but it wasn't enough. Honey knew it wasn't enough. She wouldn't have settled for the answer either. Perhaps if the girl was capable of handing the truth, she would have given it to her, but the sobs and screams for honesty when they all stood outside, hearing the sirens in the distance come closer, was proof that she couldn't handle it. 

Allison had taken her home, hopefully talking her down and convincing her that what happened tonight was a burglary like they had told Sheriff Stilinski too. Like they would be telling Melissa. Or anyone else in this small, gossiping town who asked. The truth would be kept between those who were there, those who could handle such truth.

She, Scott, and Stiles had tried their best to make up a convincing story of a burglary. The mess of the house seemed like sufficient evidence, all they had to do was act, dazed and confused of what happened to them. According to their story, the three of them had been upstairs, trying to study when they heard the crashes begin downstairs, after declaring that it was a robbery, they all hid in the protection of Scott's bedroom where Stiles had called his dad from, refusing to step foot out of the room until it had all gone quiet and the only sound was sirens. 

Honey sold the act, as Scott and Stiles had told her. She had streams of tears running down her face as she talked, reliving the lie of a story they had come up with instantaneously. Maybe why she was crying was fake, but she had only conjured up the tears from real fear, recalling one of her scariest memories to ensure that it seemed genuine. She would keep that from the boys, it seemed better to leave them thinking that she was just a good actor. 

After sitting still in some random, dark alley for fifteen minutes as they said they would, the pair finally sighed, nodding at each other as they finally climbed out of the car. Fifteen minutes. That was their agreed-upon time before they searched for Scott and Jackson on foot. There was only so much ground a car could search on, Scott had proved that when he had jumped from the car while it was still moving, following the Kanima through an abandoned industrial estate.