𝐯𝐢. heart monitor

LOVERS ROCK

chapter six ; heart monitor
[ season one - episode six ]

chapter six ; heart monitor[ season one - episode six ]

A tension and silence filled the SUV as the blonde teenager rested her head against the window, her slightly dirty and torn cream cardigan wrapped tightly around her, providing the comfort she so desperately needed at a time like this where she sat beside her father, a man she felt that had lied to her, a man she felt she didn't know anything about anymore. He certainly wasn't the man she had left in Lousiana. Jude was quiet too, staring at the house in front of them, he wasn't sure how long the two of them had been sitting in the driveway, only that it had been long enough for Kate to peek out of the living room to see what was going on, swearing that she had heard them pull up. But she had been called off with Jude's simple shake of the head, the Argent had quickly retreated, though the same couldn't be said for a particular blonde eager to see his owners.

The man didn't know how to approach the situation at hand. How to fix the fallout of what she'd seen at the school. Comforting had never been his area of expertise, but he usually managed, he wasn't so sure that he could just take a shot in the dark at it this time. Honey was quite confined, she didn't often share her feelings, but her opinions were clear, if her words didn't tell them then her face certainly would. And there was a topic she was passionately against- guns. She was far from an advocate, not with all of the things they were capable of, all of the deaths that they were responsible for. She thought her father felt the same, until tonight.

Perhaps he could be described as somewhat of a hero to the bystanders at the school tonight, it was the same way she used to see her father, but after seeing him with that gun in his hand, how he not only owned one but carried it with him to the school, she was shaken. She wondered just how many times she had sat next to him while he carried it on him, where exactly he carried it to have such easy access to it.

It was because of Honey's clear views that her parents had never told her about the business the two of them found themselves involved in, a firearm dealing business that Emily carried on from her father, a business that her sister Abigail was once involved in too before she disappeared off of their radars. Jude and Emily would have liked for Honey to carry it on one day too, it was their business that had helped them make good friends, and partners, who would have their backs in bad situations, like the Argents. That was why they wanted Honey and Allison to become so well acquainted, hoping that it would be the Argent girl who would make her change her ways, to see the world differently. A gun could protect her more than it could hurt her.

Jude took a deep breath as he turned to his daughter. "Look, Honey, I know how you feel about all of this but you need to understand that all of this is for protection, this is a dangerous world, more than you know." He tried to justify himself, but the blonde rolled her eyes. She knew how dangerous it could be, perhaps more than her non-werewolf surrounded father, even with all of the things she knew she never dreamed of holding up a gun. "You know that if I had the choice I would never own one, and I certainly wouldn't keep it around you."