Chapter 3 - Oh Mumza

Ever since that family discussion, the doctor diagnosed the empress with overworking and exhausting herself, which was a tremendous relief that it wasn't anything serious. After her swift recovery, the emperor had announced that he will be in the neighbouring kingdom to discuss new trade routes and would be gone for one week. Nobody knew that it was going to be the empress's last week.

During the time the emperor was gone, everything was fine. Empress Kristen had regained her strength and started where she left off, completing the duties of being the empress. She sat at her desk, staring at documents she could no longer understand. She needed sleep, but she also had an important briefing with the captain of the guard, Captainsparklez. Kristen also had to watch techno train in the fields, help Wilbur with his guitar, play the piano and look at some flowers with Theseus and play with him in their secret garden.

That the thing that everyone loved about the empress, was no matter how busy she was, she would also find time to spend with her three sons. Kristen was ready to get another file to read through and check and sign, but a little knocking at the door had caught her off guard.

"Come in'' she said without turning her head to look at the door "uhh mumza can you help me with something". Immediately after hearing the voice of her youngest Theseus she turned her head and replied "yes darling what is it you required at this hour". The little prince Theseus took his mother's hand and began to lead her to his room. "Sunshine, what is it?" "mumza could you play that song on the piano again" smiled gently "of course Theseus" she sat on the piano bench and the young Theseus lay down on the bed his mother began playing a beautiful melody and when she was down she gracefully glided over to Theseus and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead." sleep well son" "wait," Theseus said, "yes Kristen replied," "am I your favourite son" Kristen laughed as she played with Theseus hair "yes you are but don't tell your brothers Ok" .Theseus giggled "night mum love you" "wait Theseus always remember that no matter whatever anyone says you don't have to be perfect because nobody's perfect and for as long as I'm around nobody can touch a single hair on your head," she said Kristen didn't realise that Theseus was asleep by the time she finished "good night my little sunshine" she swiftly exited Theseus chamber.

She decided to check on Wilbur and techno too whilst she was here, she walked over to Technoblade's room only to see him practising with his diamond sword his father got him. "Techno sweetie it's late it's time to go to bed" "it's fine mum I'm not Theseus I don't have a bedtime". Kristen giggled "I know kiddo" techno sighed and realised his mum wasn't leaving until he was asleep, so he placed his sword carefully on its stand and walked over and collapsed on his bed. The sixteen-year-old didn't even take his shoes off, his mother who was still at the door sighed and entered the room and started taking off his shoes and pulling a blanket over him. "Goodnight my little soldier" she whispered as she kissed his forehead, "night mum" she heard the teenage mutter as she started walking away. "Goodnight, rest well" she stated as she closed his door 2 down 1 more to go she thought.

She walked over to Wilbur's room, she opened the door and to her dismay, Wilbur's room was a mess. What did the empress expect from the 14-year-old "Wilbur don't you think it's time for bed" her voice startled Wilbur as he put his guitar down "oh hello mum" I was cleaning up?".  Wilbur said as he tried to hide his guitar. "Come on Wilbur time for bed" "but I'm not tired" Well if you don't sleep now you will be grumpy in the morning, come time for bed" Wilbur sighed deeply "fine" "atta boy" Kristen replied smugly. Wilbur crawled into his bed and laid on his bed, Kristen decided to tidy up Wilbur's room a little before she left, she never understood why he never let the maids tidy his room up. She sighed as walked over to Wilbur's bed leaned over and kissed his forehead and whispered "Goodnight my little melody" as she walked away she heard Wilbur mutter"night mum love you" as she shut his door. The empress slowly walked back to her chambers. She decided to complete her pending tasks the next day as she was tired, she lay on her bed and fell asleep whilst someone through her window was carefully watching her sleep waiting for the perfect time to strike.