Chapter 4 ...

It was around 2 am the empress and the three imperial princes were fast asleep, the palace was pin-drop silent. All the maids could return to their chamber at midnight.  All the guards were silently guarding the respected royals' rooms. Two guards in front of Wilbur's chamber, two guards in front of Technoblade's chamber and four guards in front of the youngest yet crown imperial prince Theseus's chamber. The palaces' layout was confusing, but the emperor and empress had made sure that the three children's rooms were all down the same corridor and that the empress's and emperor's chamber was close by. The emperor's and empress's chamber was close to the children's corridor. It was just one right turn down their corridor. The emperor and empress room were usually guarded by 8 guards but due to the emperor's absence, the room was guarded by only around 4 guards. Compared to other palaces in other kingdoms such as the Dream SMP or the Kinoko Kingdom where there were at least 10 guards stationed in front of every royal's door. Four were stationed in front of rooms such as the royal's study or rooms the royals frequently visited. The Antarctic Empire was by far the most advanced with its outstanding military Personnel and involvement with blacksmiths and knowledge of ancient remedies, and they didn't lack resources. Every corridor of the royal families' palace has gold leaf painted along the intercut yet lavish paintings, and almost every corridor except for the guards complex and a few others had the portrait of the royal family. The previous emperor had loved showing off his kingdoms' wealth by making his palace an appealing display of paintings and murals, and the current emperor never changed it.

As the midnight sky started fainting away and dawn just slightly beginning to break, a blood-curdling scream echoed down the corridors that woke up every single soul in the palace. The scream came from the emperor and empress's corridor as the guards were about to charge through the door. The three young princes were also standing at the empress's door just watching, prince Technoblade was holding the very tired prince Theseus in his arms as prince Technoblade almost broke Theseus and Wilbur's door down when they heard the scream. Prince Technoblade would not let Theseus and Wilbur out of his sight, but the little prince Theseus was trying to go back to his room. Prince technoblade picked him up and held Wilbur's hand, not allowing them to be more than two feet away from him at all times.

The guards finally broke down the door leading to find the empress with a dagger in her lower abdomen. The guards yelled at the maids to bring the royal doctor immediately, whilst prince technoblade dropped his younger brother. The three princes immediately ran to their mother's side crying,  a hand slowly started wiping away their tears. "Techno promise me something" Kristen spoke with a staggering voice "yes mum anything just stay awake" "promise me to take care of your younger brothers and yourself ok" she spoke, "come on mum just stay awake we will do anything". Wilbur managed to yell through his tears. The young Theseus had no idea what to do, his mother was slowly dying and nobody could do anything about it, the emperors managed to lift Theseus and place him on her lap. She gave him a slight smile, telling him in a whispered voice, "don't forget to take care of the flowers in our little garden". Theseus couldn't stop the tears from falling. The empress places one of her hands on Wilbur's hand and said "promise me to protect your two brothers, make sure techno doesn't overwork and make sure to look after Theseus and take care of yourself my boy" "of course mum". Then, the empress slowly grabbed techno hand with her left hand as she held Wilbur in her right she wrapped her right arm around Theseus whilst holding Wilbur hand weakly "Goodbye my darlings I love you all very much". She said, prince techno managed to lead out a small whisper in his mumble voice "please don't go mother". His mother's grip on his hand began to fade, and the hand she wrapped around Theseus slowly started to fall. The royal doctor Ponk appeared and immediately tried to get the dagger out of the empress, but he realised as soon as he laid eyes on the dagger that it was poisoned. That then dagger was the only thing keeping the empress from bleeding out, so he couldn't remove it, otherwise, she would die immediately.

Near the entrance of the palace, the emperor had just arrived, coming back from his business trip.  He was extremely delighted that the trip had fished a few days earlier, so he could get back to see his lovely family, but abruptly. The emperor was welcomed into the palace, he saw two guards running towards him and as they tried to speak with their tired out breaths. "Your h-highness the e-em-pores-s s-she h-has" the guard said as his voice was extremely unsteady, the emperor's eyes widen at the mention of the empress. "What is wrong with the empress," he said shocked,  "she w-was"."SPIT IT OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE EMPRESS," the emperor said grabbing the collars of the guard. "Someone has broken into the palace and put a dagger through the empress's stomach". "WHAT" the emperor exclaimed "WHERE IS SHE" he screamed, "her chamber your imperial highness," the guard said as the emperor immediately dropped his hand from the guard's collar. He started running through the corridors to where the empress was .the empress was he was running through the corridors "she could die" "she was going to be just fine". Philza snapped out of his thought when he rounded the corner and saw his wife lying on the bed. The emperor saw the three imperial princes  and the royal doctor around her crying "KRISTEN" the emperor yelled. "Ponk save her!" he screamed "I'm so sorry your imperial highness, but she cannot be saved"  when Ponk said this everyone's hearts had dropped. "The dagger in her lower abdomen has been poisoned" "well can you at least remove the dagger" philza said impatient "your highness please understand I cannot do that, the dagger is the only thing stopping the empress from bleeding out". Philza signed deeply and moved past the doctor and walked over to Kristen.  "Don't worry I will get the best doctors in the world I will find a remedy please stay awake" "Phil it's useless I'm already dead" "please just promise me to not put too much pressure on Theseus". The empress said as she looked at the boy who had passed out in her lap from crying and Wilbur and techno were watching silently as their dad and mum having their final words."please Kristen please"  "Goodbye". Kristen said as she slowly closed her eyes, she laid there lifelessly as the emperor bowed his head. Technoblade couldn't hold his tears and started crying again Wilbur tried to comfort his brother, but he could hold his tear either, all of this whilst Theseus was now sleeping on his deceased mother's lap. Philza picked Theseus up from his now deceased wife and took his two other sons and walked them all over to their corridor, but he walks over to techno and handed him Theseus "listen Techno and Wilbur. I'm going to go address everything and in the morning we will address everything get some sleep ok and don't leave this room we still need to confirm that there are no threats in this Palace ok". "Theseus listen to your older brothers" before techno or Wilbur could even reply the emperor already left the room slamming the door shut.