Chapter 5

Image From – @thistlecosmicart ON INSTAGRAM

That fateful assassination of the empress was 6 years ago. Now the imperial crown prince Theseus was 14, the imperial prince Wilbur was 20 and the eldest imperial prince Technoblade was 24. And it turns out that empress Kristin was the glue holding the family together. Without her, the family, the once pleasant, lively, happy family, shattered. 

They replaced it with a cold family. The loving emperor who was kind and cherished his people didn't talk to his family unless it was about important royal matters. Prince Technoblade became the general when he turned 19, and he was never around. He was always busy fighting or standing by the emperor's side. It was a sad sight, the emperor no longer looked at his son with love in his eyes. Oh, and three children of philza stopped addressing him as a father. Now the emperor was addressed as the imperial highness. When Prince Wilbur was 19 he officially got married to sally, they both moved to their little mansion by the border of the Antarctic empire. Sadly, Wilbur does not love sally, and she doesn't love him, it was a loveless marriage. There was a rumour going around that sally would elope before the wedding, But only three months after their marriage. Sally had announced she was pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, they decided to call him Fundy. However, apparently due to a complication during Fundy's birth, Sally had passed away and left Wilbur to take care of Fundy by himself. The two of them no longer lived in their mansion by the border, but rather in the royal palace. And with prince Theseus he no longer referred to as the funny and careless prince, he was now referred to as the third imperial crowned prince Theseus who was colder than ice. He was respectful to others, but he never a shit about anyone. Every girl in the empire wished to be with him. As his popularity rose, so did his well-wisher and his haters. Ever since the assassination of his mother, the security in the palace was quadrupled. Theseus had a huge squad of 20 guards following him around at all times and his assistant Time Deo who was required to aid Theseus with his daily needs and his Royal duties. 

 Today was going to be a weird day as today would mark the 6th anniversary of the empress's assassination and the royal family had decided to have a family dinner together. There were only two out of the three imperial princes sitting at the dining table, as the eldest imperial prince had duties overseas to attend to.  The Imperial Emperor, Philza entered the dining hall and sat at the seat at the top of the table. "The reason I called this dinner was to inform you both that the royal family of the Dream SMP  will be visiting the empire next week". The emperor looked up to look his youngest in his eyes, "Theseus comes to my office, we have things to discuss." the emperor stated with an uninterested voice. He stopped caring about his wife passed, they couldn't find the assassin who shoved the dagger into her stomach.

After dinner, the imperial crowned prince made his way to the emperor's study room and knocked on the door "enter" he heard a voice from the inside of the room yell he entered and shut the door behind him. "Crown prince Theseus," his father said, "I was thinking of decreasing the number of guards that follow you as no real threat has happened since the incident. I was thinking of decreasing the squad to 5 guards  and instead of following you in plain sight they will be hidden". "What" Theseus muttered to himself quietly, "well your imperial highness I am quite confused you want me to wander around without the company of a guard?" "No that would be foolish, crown prince Theseus, I think instead of having a whole squad of soldiers following you which by the way looks utterly ridiculous. You should instead have 1 personal guard and do not threaten you will still have your royal assistant with you. I just think that you don't need a squad of 20 guards following you at all times" "of course your imperial highness, may I be excused now" "yes, you are excused". The emperor waved his hand around carelessly "oh, wait before you head out" Theseus turned around to face philza "you need to consult me or the general before granting other royalty access to visit the kingdom. I am the emperor, remember it imperial crowned prince Theseus" the emperor said with a threatening tone. "Yes of course your grace, I shall take my leave now," Theseus said as he quickly and carefully exited the room and shut the door. He wondered to himself, when did his relationship with his father turn so bitter, a new guard? That will be entertainment Theseus thought as he smirked he started walking to his chamber. 

The imperial crowned prince was walking down the corridor, he saw the daughter of a high ranking duke.  Lady Beau "greeting, your imperial highness," lady Beau said as she Curtseyed. "Greeting your ladyship" as lady beau was walking past him, she dropped her fan. A maid went to pick it up she whispered to the prince "I have the information you required" "brilliant, follow me to my chamber where we can discuss.  We cannot discuss this here as the wall tends to listen in" "of course your highness". Lady beau and the imperial prince made it to his chamber, "Deo come inside".

Lady beau and The imperial prince had been childhood friends, beau had Theseus were the same age they had met on Theseus 3rd birthday, and they have been friends since. Beau didn't usually reside in the Royal Palace. Due to her father having business overseas with the General Technoblade, her father requested that she was to stay in the Palace while he was away, and the emperor had no issue with this. Beau's mother, the duchess and her eldest son had passed around 3 years ago due to a drunken man driving their carriage he drove it off a cliff, so it was just beau and her father. Unlike Theseus and his fathers' relationship, beau was very close to her father.

The three entered the room and Deo shut the door, Deo greeted beau "your ladyship". "Yes yes greeting to you too Deo,"  she said hastily "now the information" "wait," Theseus said, "before you continue to let us drop the titles' beau" "of course Theseus," beau said with a smile. "Anyway, I overheard some nobles chatting that the royal family of the greater Dream SMP is due to arrive three days earlier than expected, and it is just the crowned prince and his royal guard visiting" beau stated.  Deo added that  "apparently according to the royal palace's report the queen puffy has contracted a mild fever". Theseus looked at Deo in confusion that doesn't sound right, the royal family only sending one royal because of a mild fever. "Well yesterday I overheard the royal adviser from the greater Dream SMP say that there was an assassination attempt on  Princess Drista which involved somebody poisoning her food, luckily the person was caught, and the princess was alright. The palace didn't want to spike fear into the citizens by saying there was an assassination attempt,  so they're playing it off as if they have caught the flu".  "That's smart" Theseus replied "oh, and I will be having a personal guard instead of a squad of 20" beau grinned "that's good news, we will have another person to gather information with". "Nope, I don't trust this" the prince replied, "it almost feels as if something bad will happen when this guard comes along" "don't be so quick to judge Theseus, maybe he will be cute". Theseus and Deo rolled their eyes, "of course that the first thing you think of beau" "keep your mouth shut" beau snapped back. Theseus snicked and Deo then spoke "beau it's getting very late I think it would be wise if you head off" "of course" "ill escort you," Theseus said as he started walking to the door. "Thanks Theseus" "anytime"  "bye Deo" beau said, she walked out of Theseus door.

As his imperial highness and Lady beau walked down the corridor,  Theseus decided to start the conversation "your ladyship" "yes your grace" beau replied. "I would like you to keep your eyes and ears out for any new information that arises" "of course, your imperial highness". "Oh and when is your father and the general due to return, I have some matters I need to talk to him about," Theseus said. Beau started to think, and she said that "according to my father's latest letters, my father will be overseas for a few more months". " Oh that's unpleasant" beau stopped walking and turned to Theseus to say "what do you mean by that your highness" Theseus smirked as he replied, "I was hoping on kicking you out sooner rather than later". Beau turned their head to look at Theseus as she said "you should kindly shut your mouth Theseus before I find a pin and a needle and sew your mouth shut". Theseus then decided it would be smart to walk to beaus chamber in silence. After a good 5 minutes stroll, they finally reached beaus chamber. "I wish you a good*cough* terrible*cough* night your ladyship," Theseus said as he bowed his head "Goodnight to you to your imperial highness" beau said as she curtseyed. As lady beau walked into her room, she purposely stepped on Theseus's foot, "oh what the hell" he hissed silently. "Oops" she chuckled as she walked inside her room. 

Theseus turned around and mumbled to himself, "I hate that girl". Before he left he looked around and saw that the corridors were empty, that was weird there were normally at least 2 guards stationed in front of rooms. He wondered for a second that was something bad going to happen?