Chapter 20

After 35 minutes, Deo freshened up and changed into clean clothes. Deo quickly walked to Theseus's chamber. He knocked on the door "sir, and it's me, Deo" "enter", a rushed voice replied from inside the room. Deo quickly entered the room but didn't bother closing it behind him, "come on, your highness, we are going to be late." Deo said by now, Theseus was also freshened up and wearing his military uniform. He isn't too into war and its strategies as that is more of Technoblade's field, but as the crowned imperial prince, his formal attire was considered a fancy military uniform. He was standing in a mirror, debating whether to put his crown on or not. Usually, Lady Beau would help him with his small events. Despite being an honourable high, ranking official in the king's court, she was also Theseus's adviser. Whenever an event required Theseus to look presentable, beau would take care of it, telling him what to wear and how to present and respect the clothing he was wearing. Come to think of it. He hasn't written to his beau in a while. He should write to her soon. 

"Theseus, hello, are you there," Deo said impatiently as Theseus stood in the mirror staring off into space. Deo decided it would be wiser to drag him. Otherwise, they wouldn't make it in time. He grabbed the prince's crown and neatly put it on his head gently, then Deo grabbed Theseus's arm and dragged him out of his room. Due to being pulled, Theseus rapidly snapped out of his thoughts "oh my, why are you running, Deo" "we are going to be late if we don't run, prince Theseus" Deo said angrily. Deo was a very punctual and polite person. He always made it on time, and no matter how angry he got, he never raised his voice. After 7 minutes, Deo and these stopped running, and they both neatened their clothes. Then Deo peaked into the room, and prince Technoblade, Wilbur, prince Dream, and Princess drista were also present. The emperor, however, was nowhere to be seen.

 Theseus took the lead and walked around a corner to reveal two large doors. Two guards opened them, and they walked through with Deo trailing behind. Theseus was quick to take his seat, while Deo went to stand with the guard beside the door. As Theseus sat down, Wilbur said, "well, why are you late, Theseus?" Wilbur questioned. Theseus cleared his throat and spoke, "I am not required to answer to you, prince Wilbur, but I was pending to tasks and did not realise the time" Theseus lied. He was not about to announce he was looking for secret scrolls about the enemy in front of the enemy.  

A small boy quietly walked over to Deo. He whispered in his ear, Deo nodded and then gracefully walked over to Theseus and whispered, "His Imperial Highness will not be attending this breakfast due to having contracted the flu." Theseus nodded and then announced, "I am truly sorry to everyone. However, his imperial highness is extremely busy with pending issues and therefore will not be attending this morning's breakfast". "That's fair. We should let his highness tend to his duties" Wilbur agreed and quickly changed the topic.

Prince Dream and Crown Prince Theseus discussed some trading issues, while drista Wilbur and Technoblade also engaged in trivial small talk. After breakfast is concluded Theseus began to speak "this has been a lovely breakfast, and to remind everyone to welcome the eldest imperial prince, we will be throwing a small get-together in three days. Anyway, I shall hope to see everyone before then. As Theseus finished speaking, Prince Dream and Princess Drista excused themselves and sapnap walked behind as they both left. Prince Wilbur excused quietly and walked off, leaving Prince Technoblades alone with Theseus.

"You've grown", Technoblade announced suddenly "pardon," Theseus said, surprised at the fact that prince Technoblade was talking to him. "You're all big now. When I last left, you were so small, always following Wilbur around and copying everything he does." Technoblade chuckled as he got up and walked towards Theseus instinctively. Theseus stood up while technoblade walked towards him "hmm, I'm still taller", Technoblade said and walked past Theseus towards the grand doors "oh and meet me in the training area. I need to see if you have improved or not" as prince Technoblade said this he left.

Theseus sighed and started walking out of the dining hall and into the corridor. Deo, trailing behind Theseus, began speaking, "I hope you're ready imperial prince because we have a hectic day today" "oh, when isn't there a hectic day". Theseus yawned, "we have a meeting with the grand council then a meeting with prince dream regarding the missing trade ships and lady beau will be arriving for Technoblade's ball. Then we also have some other royals arriving shortly" "is that all" "oh I wish prince. However, you also have a contract from one of the grand council members to review and sign. You also have to make a public appearance at one of the southeast villages as we fear a rebellion brewing" "oh my god" Theseus sighed then made his way to his study where prince dream was already waiting. "I apologize for arriving early I just wanted to ensure I was in the right room" "oh no it's fine" Theseus replied hastily "great, then let us begin" 

After a good three hours, prince's dream and the imperial crowned prince had finished the meeting "well I should take my leave your highness" Theseus respectfully bowed then left the room and walked into his chamber along with Deo. Surprisingly, when the imperial crowned prince entered his chamber, there was already someone waiting for him.

"Salutations, Imperial Crowned Prince Theseus of the Antarctic empire. I am Skeppy. I will be your temporary personal guard".

Theseus turned around to look at Deo who looked slightly surprised and the Deo started to question the guard."Um pardon me for my boldness however what do you mean temporary". Skeppy answered, "Well, I am a guard that hails from the Badlands, I am only stationed in the Antarctic empire until his royal highnesses permanent guard has chosen".