Hang Time

In the temple at Sandtrap, with an alien firing a machine gun turret. Pans to Sarge Alex and Grif, who are taking cover behind a corner and avoiding gunfire.

Sarge: Grif Alex, listen. We may not both make it out of this.

Grif: What?

Alex: Who cares!

Sarge: If you die, I think I'm prepared to live with that. I practiced it a lot. But there's also a chance you might survive and I won't!

Alex: Just shoot! (Alex fires then ducks back into cover)

Grif: (irritated) There'd be a better chance if you'd help me shoot! (starts to fire back at the alien)

Sarge: In case I don't make it, I can't help but think about all the future mistakes you're gonna make that I'm not gonna be there to scream at you about!

Grif: (sarcastic) Oh, stop. I'm getting all teary-eyed.

Sarge: I just want to let you know that at my bunk back at the base, there's a recorder deck. I've prerecorded about 57 hours of rants that should be applicable in a variety of situations. Whenever you're feeling good about yourself, I want you to play one. And always remember! Somebody hates you.

Alex: When did you have the time to record that?

The alien ceases gunfire when Epsilon-Church floats above him into the room and looks down at him.

Epsilon-Church: Oh hey, alien. What's up?

The alien immediately drops his gun and bows down.

Tucker: Cease fire!

Ava: Stop shooting.

Grif stops shooting.

Epsilon-Church: Um, the alien's being weird in here.

Grif: What's it doing?

Tucker: No, no, I've seen this before. Some of the aliens worship this ancient technology. This one probably thinks Church is sort kind of god.

Ava: A god who is an asshole.

Epsilon-Church: Wow! Seriously? That's pretty fucking cool.

Caboose: (gasps) Maybe that's why your name is Church!!

Alex: No Caboose it's a family name.

Epsilon-Church: Oh, what's up, prayin' dude? How do ya' like me now? BIP-(smashes a box into the alien)-O!

Tucker: W-T-Fuck! Why did you do that!? I think that's taking advantage of your deity status, dude!

Ava: Not cool man.

Epsilon-Church: Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people? Let's have fun...

C.T.: The shots came from down here!

Soldier: Yikes!

C.T.: Form up, men!

Sarge: Whoa! Incoming!

Epsilon-Church: (floats back into the other room and flees) Good luck, guys!

Alex: Asshole.

C.T. charges in with another soldier and Smith.

C.T.: Freeze! Lower your weapons!

Other soldiers and aliens are seen rushing in from a different entrance.

C.T. (to Tucker and Ava): You... do  two you have any idea how much trouble you've caused me? I should kill you right here.