00

"The devil is real
and he's not a little red man with horns and a tail
He can be beautiful
cause he's a fallen angel and he use to be God's favorite."

Hi!!! Welcome to underground!!! This chapter is 10,000 words but I promise it is important, but this is one of longest chapters I promise I just got super excited and wrote a lot, love you and enjoy!!

October 22 2020

1 and a half years ago

I sit with a fake smile on my face, the guy who's name has completely abandoned my memory sitting next to me playing flirtatiously with the curves of my right ring covered hand that lay on the black table covered in old worn out stickers.

I move my hand away from his to bring my drink up to my lips after realizing about an hour ago that the only way to get through this night is through alcohol.

The sound of the music blasting through the building makes me almost wish I was at home with a bottle of wine and a romcom instead of this.

I enjoy going out and partying but I truly wish I didn't agree to a double date on my twenty first birthday.

Clara and her boyfriend George sway together on the dance floor as I sit next to a guy who's only intent is probably to see me in my birthday suit.

This boring conversation and his horrible sense of style has already made me go with my better judgement. Which is the decision of going home by myself and not with the the walmart version of fifty shades of grey sitting next to me.

I bring the cup again to my lips to soon realize the vacancy my glass holds, looking down at it and smiling tightly back at him.

I move my hand to nod to the bar, hinting that I will be back without words. The overwhelming bass that has the ground vibrating under me making me unable to put in the effort of yelling any verbal sign of where I am headed.

As I walk, my sparkly dress I agreed to wear reflects with every step, the low hanging V neck design making my chest appear more than my normal daily attire.

I am not usually the type to jump on the chance to wear a outfit like this, but sue me if I wanna look hot on my birthday.

My black stiletto heels paired with the dress, and the outfit being completely taken out of Clara's closet.

I walk over to the purple lit LED bar, my lungs finally letting me take a deep breath I didn't realise I was holding from the closeness that guy continued to hold.

Don't get me wrong I am usually the type to take first impressions in with a grain of salt, but I told myself before leaving the house to make reckless decisions and I can't help but admit to wanting this birthday to be better than the last.

It certainly can't be worse.

"Rough night?" I hear a loud voice exclaim over the music next to me after a few moments that I stand at the bar.

My eyebrows raise as I look over to see a guy who seems a little older than me, the suit and the gelled hair bringing maturity to each aspect of him and his features.

"You could say that!" I nod chuckling a little by the understatement of his words, he seems to be having the same kind of night once I take his appearance in a little bit more.