06

OKAY before yall get upset with me that I left y'all on a cliffhanger for the last chapter trust me this chapter is short and the next one will be back in present tense, I just want you to have an idea of the importance Clara and George had/have in her life. 

Literally love you endlessly.

FYI that's Claras face claim at the top

~~~~~

October 19, 2020

"These taste like literal shit in a bag." Clara groans rouchply placing the bag back between us.

"There really not bad." I protest.

"No they literally taste like the only correct occasion would be if you are literally trying to die from no moisture in your mouth there dry as fuck." Clara says looking at the bag of chips like they killed her first born.

"That's why we got beers you dork." I say lifting up her drink, instantly bringing it to her lips like a child who needs to be airplane fed.

She grabs the drink hastily in a brief huff, mad at the large bag of chips I hate to admit we wasted money on, they do really taste horrible. 

"Your just mad he's not hear yet don't take it out on the shit chips." I interject the situation.

"So you fucking admit it! They are shit!" Clara screams swinging her legs even more then before, making the bridge slightly sway back and forth in a faster rhythm from her hasty movement.

This small park has become our spot to drink at night and as weird as it is that it is a children park, the lights come on at night and it is pretty cool to hang out at. 

There's a small bridge that is higher than the rest of the play structure, a perfect spot to let our feet hang free. 

My birthday is in a few days and I feel like we've been already celebrating with enough alcohol for a village these past few days. 

"George is not what is bothering me it's those lousy chips." She huffs a brief laughter to cover what is really going on in the rollercoaster of her mind. 

She's my best friend, has been for longer then I can nearly remember so from the looking down at her manicured nails that she is beginning to chip at, to the way she swallows her emotions down like a bitter pill I know something is up. 

"I brought the good stuff!" I hear a loud voice followed by the bridge beginning to bounce more, I turn to my right seeing George, the boy we have both been waiting to accompany us. 

"FInally, God what happened, did you lose your car?" I turn to see a smile reach her face and her legs jump up onto the not so sturdy platform, coming up to him and nearly jumping on him before embracing him in a feverish kiss. 

It was weird to me in highschool when they first started their relationship but now.. it's more of like watching your parents loving on each other. It's wholesome how long they've been together and sometimes I feel like I have been there for every chapter of it.

"So Lily, what are we doing for your birthday?" he asks sitting next to me, letting his langs hang like my own as Clara sits next to him leaning her head on his shoulder.

As long as Clara and I have been friends, George and I have been friends for even longer and I will not forget when he was my only friend and the innocent crush he had on me in elementary.