07

May 11th, 2022

The thoughts of Harry and Niall making me go home, Niall being my escort in the sky train has been an ongoing revelation for the past week.

My first paycheck made its way into my account and Niall came into my office to make sure it did just that, and that was the only time I have talked to either of them in the past week.

Harry and I shared an elevator ride a few days ago but he just stayed on his phone not muttering an ounce of sarcasm while I did the same not daring to look up at him.

There was no snarkiness between the two of us, or an ounce of hatred but I know that night is still something I will have to talk to them about and soon, but the more I think about the secrecy over the past month I have worked here the more it feels I go into a downward spiral.

The man at that party who harassed me, I think I truly brushed past that situation off to quickly, the idea of the man putting quotations along the publishing business i work at and Harry telling him he was at the wrong party continues to run through my head.

Then them saying we have to leave a week ago after a moderately fun night if we don't count Harry's normal standoff attitude.

There seems to this fake facade revolving around this business and I know that I am a normally morally right person who stays in their own lane, but shouldn't I be a little weary of my name being tainted by working with a business that might be hiding more than just a dick of a boss.

This has been the only thing running through my mind as i sit in my office, not being able to finish reading this document. I have been leaving pretty late this past week since I feel like I am working slower than previously.

I guess that's what happens when your brain continues to think about everything revolving your work and not the actual work you need to get done.

My trust has definitely been gained because they've been recently having me work on higher up pieces of business, the workmanship of the book, like the cover of one of the books that is soon to be published is something I have recently been apart of and to say it has been a fun experience would be an understatement.

My eyes continue to skim the document my mind can't seem to retain as I read it for the fifth time, son of a bitch I could not tell you what this email is about.

Kimberly and everyone else went home but I saw Mr.Styles lights still on when I passed to go to the printing station not to long ago but other then that I am alone, he doesnt leave his office very much which I have begun to realize.

"Damnit." I shake my head, groaning at the screen as I place my head in my hands as if I have lost so much energy I can't do the basic necessity of holding my head up.

I know that this email was sent to Harry and Niall, they probably already have read it, so maybe I can just ask Harry the brief of it- is that weird? He is a dick but he's also my boss.

I shake my head knowing this is the last thing I need to before I leave, putting my pride behind me as I stand up pushing my chair in to the desk, putting my phone in my back pocket and opening my door to see the light I saw from before creeping from Harry's office door. Meaning he is still here.

I make my way wearily, feeling awkward in asking him for help with work, maybe this is a good thing, maybe it will help give us a more professional friendship.

I make my way to where the door is creeped open, not knowing if I should knock. What am I saying? Of Course I should knock, that's what got me in trouble with him last time.

I bring my balled fist to the door but before I can knock though, a sound escapes his office.

A grunt?