02

"When you want to escape
say the word
Well, I know getting you alone
Isn't easy to do
With the exception of you
I dislike everyone in the room"

There are many moments in life that make you who you are, that be prom night, first kiss, the first time you let someone in either emotionally or physically, trauma, heartbreak, first I love yous.

Not giving a shit about what anyone thought two years ago on that one night truly made a change in my life on my twenty first birthday. I let the world not tell me what was wrong and stopped telling myself to always do what was right for one evening and the freedom and bliss of it was something I never wanted to let go.

And I didn't, I tried to hold onto it for as long as I could.

I didn't let the feeling of merely being used for just pleasure and nothing else when I woke up to a note that asked me to leave without even a farewell bother me.

I put it behind me.

But as Harry fucking Styles stands in front of me every single piece of confidence dwindles, no, disintegrates as he stands up, his posture straight, confident, and tall as he comes up to me.

His hand raises out in front of me, the same rings that I thought were so attractive decorating his hands, they bring a chill.

Something about his demeanor so drasticly different from his comforting presence two years ago.

I know people can change so much in two years, lord knows I have, but he seems darker, his eyes not the bright free forest green they had on that rooftop.

It was just one night.

We were both drunk on alcohol, young angst, lust, and vulnerability.

I put my hand into his, no smile on my lips as I calculate his movements with furrowed brows, him calculating mine as well as we keep our eyes on eachother.

"Nice to meet you Mr.Styles." I say slowly, not letting my words match my confidence which is beginning to leave me which feels so obvious in-front of him.

He makes me feel so small.

"Same to you, glad you took my offer on working here." He says, his devilish smirk being a taunt in itself, his words and the tilt to the right side of his lips making my heart skip a beat in the most nauseating way.

Is he the reason his business was so keen on me being here?

"You were the one-" I say my words slowly, trying to comprehend this situation, unable to finish though when he cuts me off.

Prick.

"Well you were emailed by Mr.Styles, I am Mr.Styles... so yes, I was the one who chose you for this job." He interrupts me, the cockiness in his tone making his words that coming from any one else's tounge comforting, but when they leave his they almost seem suffocating.

"Well I'm very glad to be here, have a great night you two." I smile, moving my line of vision to Niall and giving him a more heartwarming smile that shifts when my eye move back to Harry.

"Have a great night love." He says under his breath so only I can hear it, the repetition form two years hitting me. It's his way of letting me know he remembers and I have never wanted to be out of a situation more then I do right now.

smite me now.

I nod, backing out of the office after telling Mr.Horan I will be in at the same time tomorrow, he nods as I swivel on my feet, bringing myself down the long opened space between the empty internship desks.