21

"Once the devil knows your name'

He calls it until you come."

-Jessica Therrien

"Seriously, Ella, what aren't you good at? These cookies are phenomenal!" Alice mumbles with the cookie in her mouth, I just laugh lightly with a cup of hot coffee in my hand. 

Kimberly and I finally found a time to hang out and we figured more the merrier so we invited Synthia, Alice and Carter as well. 

"It's an old recipe, I can give it to you, they're super easy to bake." I say, I've been making these cookies since I was twelve, chocolate chip cookie, but you add a bit of peanut butter, not too much but just enough to make you want to come back for another bite, my own recipe.

Maybe I should have been a chef, maybe chefs don't have secret mafias, but then again chefs seem more likely to than Publishers.

"No, absolutely not, I live with her and the smell of burnt cookies in our apartment Is not an aroma I find myself fond of." Synthia says with a look of disgust as she imagines the smell of burnt cookies and I laugh, I could see Alice being bad at baking, she's a very fast paced person, she doesn't like waiting on things. 

"Ouch! For one i'm not that bad at baking, and two I don't want these cookies unless they are made by the hands of Uriella Elizabeth Finley." Alice smiles but I don't, how does she know my middle name? My eyes squint in confusion. "What? you made me hold your wallet once while you went to go pee, not my fault your ID was right in-front of me." She says so nonchalantly, my ID is in my wallet, snooper. 

"I might not be as nosy as Alice here, but It doesn't take a detective to see a pair of certain green eyes boggling you." Kimberly taunts, doing a complete 180 on this conversation, I don't appreciate it. 

she looks me up and down with a certain look that tells me she knows somethings up. my eyes move away from the entirety of them, because as much as those certain green eyes have been locked into my mind, I have been trying to keep them from the forefront of my thoughts. 

"Definitely not." I lie, sipping on my coffee yet again to hide my smile as their eyes all widen as Synthia and Alice scream in excitement, Carter just raises his brows, the estrogen in this room being way too much for him right now. 

"You are the worst liar!" Alice exclaims, Carter lets out a chuckle, yet again, making me give him the stink eye, he is the only guy here but he always fits right in with us. 

"No! I'm not lying, he does not have eyes for me I promise!" I put my hands up in serender, while they all give me a look that screams 'cut the shit' I even turn to my right and Carter looks down at me like he doesn't believe me as well. 

"Fine then I guess I'll try to take him for a spin." Synthia says and I hate the way my blood runs hot and my palms begin to sweat. "Yeah you're not fooling us honey, just go for it." her eyebrows raise and the look of I told you so is written across her entire expression.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I shake my head, my shoulders raise. 

"Uriella you are the nicest person I've ever met but just you just looked like you were about to bite Synthia's head off yourself." Alice comments, the same look on her face now. 

We're all in my kitchen, Alice and Synthia sitting on my island chairs, Kimberly sitting on the island counter and Carter leaning against the kitchen counter beside me, We're the only two with coffee, no one else wanted it this late. 

It's been a week since Harry and I's fight slash understanding of each other and I hate to say that every ordinary moment we've had, that brought us to the friendship we brought to the table might as well have disintegrated. We're heavily awkward around each other, If we're in the elevator together we don't speak, we act like we're on our phones, well I do at least, he probably actually has something to look at on his phone. Meetings we have to sit next each other, we scoot as far from each other as possible.