12. Try to keep your legs closed

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

"Are you ready Mads?", Leo called from downstairs. I quickly grabbed my already packed purse before walking out of my room. I met my brother downstairs before we walked outside and went to his car to meet the others at the park.

Leo and I were on our way over to the open-air movie night that was held in Outer Banks multiple times a year. We had some cozy blankets placed in the back of his car so we could sit on them and wrap ourselves up in them if we get cold.

I was wearing a pair of denim shorts along with a dark blue long-sleeve shirt, so I wouldn't get cold immediately after arriving at the place.

Leo parked his car next to Rafe's but before we were able to walk out, Leo stopped me, "Are you okay Mads?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?", I asked a little confused. Leo had been out a lot the past two days and I hadn't really been able to speak to him but why would he assume I wasn't doing good?

"You know the guys told me about the incident at the party, you know, with Sebastian? And I just wanted to make sure that you're okay", he explained and I immediately felt a pang in my chest.

I had been trying my best to avoid the topic by pushing it to the very back of my head. Leo had always hated Sebastian, he saw what he was really about and that wasn't anything good.

"Oh, no I'm fine. It wasn't a big deal, he didn't do anything really", I explained but it felt like a lie. Sebastian did do something but I kept telling myself that it was nothing and maybe it was something completely normal.

"Okay, I'm glad Rafe was there. I swear to god if I see that asshole, I'm gonna fucking kill him", he said through gritten teeth.

I placed a hand on Leo's arm trying to calm him down a little, "I'm fine Leo, really. He didn't do much, Rafe helped me before anything major could have happened, I'm okay".

"I just don't want you to get hurt, I'm supposed to look out for you and I wasn't there to protect you", Leo muttered and I could see how guilty he felt.

"Leo, it's not your fault. Even if you were there it would have probably happened. I'm fine, really", I smiled softly trying to console my brother as well as possible.

Leo nodded slightly before taking a deep breath in, "I broke up with Sabrina".

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, it just didn't work out anymore. I felt like she was using me for money or whatever, she wasn't the right one for me", my brother explained.

He and Sabrina hadn't been dating for that long, well five months, which is long for Leo. He was a good guy but still a women's man.

"I'm sorry Leo", I muttered before pulling him into a hug.

He immediately returned the hug and buried his head on my shoulder, we stayed like that for a little bit before he pulled away.

"Thanks, Mads. I love you"