48. He's a Pogue

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

"She's fine", a way too familiar voice said to me, standing to my left. I turned around slowly, my breath getting stuck in my throat, "Hey sweetie".

My father walked up to me but I just turned around, holding my head in my hands.

"It's me, I know this is impossible to you and I'm gonna explain", my father started but I just slapped him across the face, immediately regretting my choice. 

"You're right, I'm sorry. I deserved that. I do. I know I do", my father explained as I started walking further away from him, "You have been through hell, and that is my fault. And I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Madison. I can promise you that I didn't have any other choice"

I stared around the room once again, they all knew. Why didn't I know? Why was I the only one not knowing my fucking father was still alive? 

My blood was boiling my and hands were trembling. This had to be a mistake, this had to be something I couldn't explain. 

All I did for the cross was to keep the family steady only to find out my father had never really left us and now we were on a boat to god knows where. 

My father sat down next to me, "I didn't. I don't expect you to understand that now. All I can do is tell you what happened, and I'll answer all your questions. Maybe you'll see it was the only way. I know you don't believe that and I know it's hard to hear but I. It was my only choice. It was the only way to make sure that we were all safe and we were all together", my dad explained. 

A single tear escaped my eye, it was true. It was the only way out of this after what happened that day Peterkin was shot. 

"It was the only way to be a family again", my father explained making me feel sick to my stomach. 

"I- I need time to breathe. Uhm I know it was uhm the only way. I know", I stuttered getting up from my seat, "But I need air okay".

I stumbled out of the small room, I heard footsteps follow me outside and soon I was pulled into the chest that would always protect me from the outside world. 

"I'm sorry", Rafe whispered. 

"You knew?", I asked feeling almost betrayed by him. 

"Rose told me when you left. I wanted to tell you immediately but she and your mom wanted your dad to tell you", Rafe explained softly. 

"I just, how is that possible?", I muttered a tear escaping my eye as I wrapped my arms around Rafe. Not wanting to lose him or let him walk away from me. 

"I don't know. They timed it to perfection but they're alive and we are out. Everything is working out Baby. We will start a new life in Barbados or go back whatever you want", Rafe explained pulling away from me slightly, "You and me, it's just us two. We have the cross, our dad's are okay. The families are together and we can start new. And if you don't want to start new we'll just go back"