49. We are not family anymore

!!! Trigger warning !!!Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

After Rafe and I had gone to grab some water and some snacks from the crew room, our parents told us that Sarah ran off. She ran off saying that she was seasick.

How stupid were they? That girl had literally been living on water for years, obviously, she wouldn't get seasick but after all. I got it.

She wanted to run away, try to keep the image of the perfect relationship she was in.

Ward went after her as well as my father and Leo. The men left us behind in the lounge room.

Rafe was pacing around, his breath quick as he tried to contain his anger. Whenever Rafe got angry you just had to let him because if you'd get in his way, he would explode like a bomb.

"She's never gonna be on our side!", Rafe yelled.

"Rafe", his stepmother said softly.

"She's. She thinks she's a Pogue now, right?", Rafe asked pacing around the small room, "Just- transformation is complete, okay? So as long as she knows where we are, we are never gonna be safe. When you think logically about what we need to do to contain her"-

Rafe muttering was stopped by an overall announcement from the captain.

"Attention, all passengers and crew, report to the tween forwards hull. That's an order", the captain explained making Rafe and I look at each other confused, "Repeat. All hands and all passengers report to the tweet forward hull, immediately".

Rose and my mom just shrugged it off and started collecting our items, taking Wheezie and guiding us towards the hull.

The weird feeling in my stomach didn't entirely change as we walked through the small corridors of the boat. A low alarm rang through them, the red light flashing against our faces.

"What is going on? Where is Sarah?", Wheezie asked looking around, tugging her arms around her to keep her safe.

Rose's hand was placed on the young girl's back as she guided her forward.

"Where's Leo? And dad?", I asked my mother but she just shrugged obviously not knowing either.

I looked around the hall that we were walking into with many other passengers and crew members. Something was weird.

We started walking further, when I wanted to ask Rafe something he was gone. He had been right behind me this whole time, where the fuck was he?

"Where is Rafe?", I asked Rose, looking at the woman walking in front of me.

"I don't know honey", she replied, busy with her stepchild who kept asking questions about what was going on and where the rest of her family went.

I looked around and was now positive something was going on. I quickly snuck away from the group and headed further into the boat, hoping no one would catch me.