31. You're mine and I'm yours

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

JJ and I fell asleep by the bonfire last night, which was unfortunately for me since my parents already hated me enough for staying away last night. The sun was already high up which meant it was past 7 so my parents knew I didn't come home. 

"Fuck", I muttered and quickly gathered my stuff, stumbling over my own feet due to the fact that I had literally woken up 30 seconds ago. 

"What are you doing Maddy?", JJ muttered yawning loudly while he looked up at me confused. 

"My parents will kill me, fuck. I stayed out again, I-I can't, I need to leave", I stuttered, my feet starting to walk faster and now away from the Chateau. 

"It's gonna be fine, your parents won't find out, let me drive you", JJ suggested. I bit my lip debating on taking his offer. Well, my parents could only kill me once. 

"You're my hero", I smiled. JJ quickly grabbed two helmets and his keys before we headed to the dirt bike that was leaning against the wooden walls of the little house. 

We got onto his bike and within seconds we were on the road, speeding down towards figure eight. My arms were wrapped tightly around his torso while my head leaned against his back. I watched the houses mold together with the rest of the world, why couldn't I just disappear like that? 

After ten minutes JJ came to a hold right in front of the entrance of our house. 

"You literally saved me", I mumbled quickly taking the helmet off. "No worries, why are you so stressed anyways? Your parents never cared about you being out before", JJ explained crossing his arms and leaning against his motorcycle. 

"Well they hate me now and since I witnessed a murderer they wanna keep me locked away", I explained fixing my outfit as well as my hair. Just then I started feeling the nasty hangover from last night's drinks. Fuck me. 

"Maddy, are you scared?", JJ asked now a little slower and I knew the expression on his face, he knew. Of course, he sensed how my parents treated me, he knew it from his own home. 

"No, no of course not", I quickly added and looked around, "Thank you again for taking me home and for last night, I'll see you around".

"Don't worry about it, you've always been good company", he smirked before speeding down the road back to the cut. 

I took a deep breath in before sneaking onto the property and inside the big house, which seemed to get colder every time I walked inside. 

I kept praying that my parents wouldn't notice me and I could just pretend that I had been there for hours already when I heard a slow cough behind me. 

"Madison Bamford, where the hell have you been?", my father asked in a stern voice. 

I gulped before turning to look at him. "Hey Dad, I was just on a walk", I lied knowing he wouldn't believe it anyway.