Ch. 2 Despair

Jamie's P.O.V.
This place isn't a place to help people; this is more like an asylum allowed to operate.
I'm too scared to eat and weak to fight these so-called doctors. They gave up on me, and I haven't seen a doctor or food in two days. I hear them yell at me to shut up as I often cry throughout the day. I know I'm dying; I wish I could have said goodbye to Crosshairs and Drift.

"Shut up!!" A doctor yells as I cry.
I cry until I hear an explosion. I stand up to try to walk to the door but fall to the floor. All I can do is cry; I don't think Drift knows I'm here.

Drift's P.O.V.
This place looks awful. How is this place operational? 
"Where are you keeping this girl?" Prime asks, showing the human a picture of Jamie.
"Don't bother; that human is just about dead," the human says, sounding very proud one of their patients is dying.
"Tell us where she is now!!" Sunstreaker demands, showing the human his knife.
"Fine, down the hall, the last door on the right," the human tells us, pointing to one of the five hallways.

We couldn't believe the room they kept Jamie in or the state she is in.
"Ratchet was right; she wouldn't have lasted much longer," Crosshairs says while checking Jamie's pulse. We see the scar; they took the monitor chip out.
"The humans here know about her cross-dimensional adventures?" Ironhide asks.
"We'll figure that out later; she needs help now," I tell them.
Jamie isn't aware we're here; forget three days, more like three hours.
"Come on, let's get you out of here," I say as I pick her up and carry her out of the room. Jamie is limp and unconscious.

I hate how the others see how bad Jamie is as I take her to the medbay. Ratchet is horrified when I walk in.
"Out!" He demands once I lay Jamie on the bed.
He slams the door in my face.
All I can do is sit on the floor and cry. I don't care if the others are seeing this. My girl is fading away, and I can't say goodbye.

Ratchet's P.O.V.
This is horrific. I was way off; Jamie will die in hours if I don't do something. The problem is there's no quick fix. No one's going to like I'm putting Jamie in a medically induced coma and on several machines. I need to do all I can to lessen the work Jamie's body needs to do to allow it to focus on healing

It's a challenging four hours before I let Prime and Lennox come in.
"Damn, I'd love to take that so-called psychiatric hospital down," Lennox fumes.
"That will not help Jamie now," Optimus tells him.
We dread talking about whether or not to tell any of the others, specifically Crosshairs and Drift. Either way, Drift will be a wreck, and Crosshairs and the others will be shocked. I brought up how I'd love to tell Jamie's family and scold them, but they wouldn't care. They wouldn't believe I'm a doctor who knows what works to help Jamie mentally. They wouldn't believe me as I tell them they're doing the complete opposite of what she needs.

Crosshairs's P.O.V.
I keep a hold on Drift if he passes out from what he sees. Aware we're both going down if I pass out. 
I didn't expect Drift to turn around to hug me and let himself cry again. I know Ratchet can't tell us if Jamie will recover or how long she'll be in this state, and I hate it.
I get Drift to sit down on a nearby chair, so I can sit down and let myself cry. This hurts; my friend is on life support, and my other friend is watching his love die. This is going to be rough. Ratchet will not let us stay here, and I doubt Prowl will let us have time off.
Please let Jamie recover.

As I expected, I am having difficulty getting Drift to leave. It's midnight, and we both have duty tomorrow. True, we don't need to sleep every night, but I want Drift to step away from Jamie for a while. 
"Leave him alone for now," Ratchet tells me.
At least I got Drift to lie on a berth. I'm hoping he'll fall asleep, but at the same time, I don't think I can either.

Neither of us got any sleep. I hate seeing Drift like this. I hate seeing Jamie like this. This is worse than a severe flare-up. I can get Drift to go to the cafeteria. Allowing me to talk to Ratchet.
"There's nothing that'll help him right now. Staying here 24/7 isn't good for him, but he will have a hard time doing his tasks. I'm not putting him in stasis either," Ratchet tells me.
"I worry he's going to hurt himself," I tell Ratchet.
"Then you'll have to keep an eye on him, which shouldn't be a problem."