Two

Lexi Cole grabbed a folder that lay on her desk. Her new story would definitely help in bringing down dirty cops. Her father being a cop, she knew that there was a lot of them. The corruption in the police department was getting worse as the years went by. Lexi knew that before she died she had to do this.

Her father would've wanted this. To have it all end. He had given her a list of names of the cops she could trust. She had memorized the list, had it on her phone, and had it in her office.

When the news had come on about a bomb going off and that it had killed a cop and injured one. She looked at her list and saw that the cop that had died was one she could trust. Her partner Dominic Wayne was also on that list.

Her father had talked about him a few times. She'd only met him at the police Christmas party before her father died. And once when her father died. She felt sympathy for Dominic when he lost his partner. She decided she should go to the funeral. And she did. Dominic was very grateful that she did go, he never did get her name. He probably didn't even remember her.

He knew she wasn't like any other reporters, on the hunt for a story 24/7. She had a life outside of reporting. That's what made Lexi different from other reporters. She had a passion for it. But tried to keep her personal life out of her work.

Lexi looked up from the folder once she heard a knock on her office door. "Come in," she called. Her boss, Bob Red walked in. He sat down at the chair on the other end of her desk. "What can I do for you, sir?" she smiled.

"Wanted to check in," he told her. "See how you're doing."

She smiled at his sweet thought. Lexi had cancer and she was slowly dying. The chemotherapy was working, but it was slowly working. She just wished that she didn't have cancer and that it would go away. She'd remissioned in the past. But this time the doctors told her it was unlikely and that she had two years at best to live.

"I'm doing," she laughed. "I have chemo this afternoon. If I would be able to leave?" she asked.

"After your chemo, you go home and rest." He smiled. "I know that it drains you after."

Bob had been very understanding during her time with her cancer and Lexi was grateful for it. She didn't know what she would do if she had a different boss that didn't understand. Bob had also gone through cancer and was in full remission.

"Thank you."

"You look nice with blonde hair." He chuckled. She had had brown hair before and since her hair was falling out she started to wear wigs.

"I thought about wearing green today." She joked. The two shared a laugh and Lexi looked up at her clock. "Bob, I'm so sorry. I have a meeting."

"Of course. It was nice to talk to you, Lexi." He smiled and walked out.

Lexi quickly grabbed her purse and started walking toward the door. She opened and locked it behind her.

***

Lexi walked quickly to a café. She would be meeting with a man who could get her intel on her story. His name was: Alex Gordon. Alex had men all across the city that were willing to help out in any way possible. Lexi didn't understand how Alex's men could do what they do without getting caught.

Alex was the CEO of a company that legally didn't exist. His company was founded to help cops, reporters, and other agencies to find out information.

Lexi was surprised when Alex reached out and said he had information that could help with bringing down dirty cops. She knew Alex for almost five years. She helped him start his company and then she got into reporting.

She stepped into the café about five minutes later. It was a good walking distance from where she worked. So whenever she needed coffee or some food while she worked she'd stop there.

She looked around and didn't see Alex yet, so she decided to order some coffee and a cinnamon roll.