Four

Lexi knew she had to get information on Alex's death from Dominic. He would be the one running the investigation. She was glad he was though. She didn't need a dirty cop covering up her friend's death.

She didn't need to go to the hospital so she headed home to grab a few things. She also needed to change. Her shirt had a few cuts and her pants were bloody when she ran over to Alex's body.

Once she was done she got back in her car and started off to the police station, where she knew Dominic would be. She parked her car and sat there for a moment. She promised herself that she wouldn't grieve until Alex's killer was brought to justice.

***

Dominic sat at his desk. He had a few leads and he was waiting on Danny to finish up on the phone so they could go hunt down the van and talk to witnesses.

Dominic turned his head and saw Lexi coming in. He sighed and got up and started toward her.

"Miss Cole," he started before she cut him off.

"Lexi, please," she told him and let him continue.

"What can I do for you, Lexi?" he asked her.

"I want to ask you questions, Detective...?" she asked him.

"Dominic Wayne." he finished. "Ask away, Lexi." he then told her. She looked at him with wide eyes. She never expected him to actually say yes. She was a reporter for goodness sakes, did he know she was going to write about this?

Maybe so. But that wouldn't stop her from asking questions. She hesitated before asking her first question. "Do you have any leads?"

Dominic nodded. "Got a few tips from the tip line. Some saw the van drive off to an unknown area. Can't reveal it, since it's an active investigation."

She wrote down his answer in her notebook and looked back up at him. "What can you tell me about Alex Gordon's information? What was he going to see me about?"

Dominic sighed. He didn't have an answer for that yet. If he didn't find out soon, people's lives would be in danger. If their lives weren't in danger already. "I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to that yet," he told her. She wrote it down and looked up at him once again.

"Thank you. Let me know if need any help." she smiled. "I want to help you find who did this to my friend."

Dominic nodded. "I'll let you know." He watched as Lexi walked off and he turned back to Danny. He was finally off the phone and now the two could go.

"Dominic just got word from the FBI that they want to take over the case," Danny told him as Dominic walked back over to him.

The cop sighed. "You've got to be kidding me. This isn't even a Federal case," he told Danny. "They need something Federal to take over this case."

Dominic was right. The FBI couldn't take over a case they didn't have jurisdiction over. Even if they did, why would they want this case? It was just a drive-by shooting targeting Alex Gordon.

"Did you get anything off of the vics prints?" Dominic asked him, changing the subject to the case.

"Yeah. Alex Gordon was a former Navy SEAL, who served two tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, before getting an honorable discharge in '08 for PTSD. In 2011 he started his own company, with the help of a reporter, Lexi Cole." Danny told him.

Why didn't Lexi mention she helped Alex start his company? If she wanted to find his killer so badly, why didn't she think to tell them? It was important information that could lead them to Alex's killer.

"You've got to be kidding," Dominic let out. Danny gave him a confused look. "Lexi Cole is the reporter that Alex was going to see when he was shot," he explained.

"If Lexi helped start his company, wouldn't she have access to his files? She also could know who would want to kill him." Danny suggested.

"True. But he wanted to talk to Lexi, that's why he was headed to Macie's Café. I think this has to do with the information he was going to give Lexi."

"Maybe so. I still think we should question her again." Danny told him.

Pushing Lexi would just make matters worse. Dominic figured they should let her process what had happened. Let it sink in. And question her later. Let her grieve. But they had an investigation to run. If they didn't question Lexi, they could lose Alex's killer.