Eleven

Lexi looked out over Chicago out of her office window. She had her chemotherapy before she got to work. She told Bob that she had some work to get done before going to meet with Dominic for lunch and give him Alex's business records.

It had finally snowed and Christmas was just a week away. Lexi was so excited she couldn't help it. Everything in Chicago looked beautiful around Christmas time and the snow made it even better.

She still didn't finish all her Christmas shopping. She still had a few more gifts to get for, family, co-works, and friends.

It had almost been a whole month. She wanted to get Alex's mother the gift of finding out who killed him. But with no leads, she couldn't. Alex's Mom probably wouldn't remember he was dead anyway. She had Alzheimer's and didn't know what was happening anymore.

Lexi sighed as she went to go sit at her desk. She felt like the weight of the world was on her. The pressure to find Alex's killer, the pressure of work. The cancer that had ruined her body. She wished and prayed to be in full remission.

She wouldn't have to do any more chemo. She could live her life peacefully. Maybe get married and have some kids and enjoy her life.

***

Dominic looked up at Danny who was hovering over him. Danny had been doing this all day and Dominic was going to go insane if the boy continued. "Is there something you want?" Dominic growled.

"Just checking on you," he grinned. "You've been off all morning." He said narrowing his eyes.

Dominic looked back down, rolled his eyes, and looked back up at Danny. He didn't want Danny to know that he was having nightmares again. Dominic knew that if Danny found out, he'd tell him that he needed to see a therapist.

"I'm fine, Danny."

Danny slapped his back. "I'll let Kelly be the judge of that." He said and walked over to Kelly. A few minutes later the two walked back over to him. Dominic was eternally wanting to murder Danny. He didn't need Kelly telling him this and that. And that needed to see a shrink.

He thought he was doing fine on his own. But that was just a lie he kept telling himself to get through the day.

Dominic rolled his eyes as Danny and Kelly got closer. He wanted to get up and walk away. "He's not fine," Kelly told Danny as they walked up. She had a grin on her face that she didn't let Danny see. She winked and he decided to play along.

"I'm fine, Kelly." He growled at her.

"I'll just go," Danny said and walked away. As he did, Dominic and Kelly shared a small laugh. Kelly knew Danny meant well. But he also needed to know that hovering over Dominic wouldn't help his case of keeping track of his partner.

"Are you sure you fine?" she asked him softly.

Dominic didn't know how to tell her he really wasn't. But then again, did he actually want her to know the truth? Maybe not. But he needed to tell someone. "No." He told her. He'd been lying to himself and everyone else. He hated that fact. And it felt good to get it into the air.

She gave him a frown. "Nightmares again?" she asked. He noticed the pity in her eyes. He didn't want sympathy. He wanted his friend back. He wanted the pain of it all to end.

He watched her die. Kelly knew that pain. He figured of all people she wouldn't be the one to give him sympathy or pity.

"Yes." He told her coldly, but calmly.

"Want to talk about it?"

Dominic hesitated but slowly nodded his head.

***

Mini took in what her brother has just told her. Were her parents dead? Were they alive? Thoughts and theories crossed her mind in seconds. Everything was soon turned into a blank.

"Are they okay?" she asked quickly.

"They're okay. For now," he told her.

"Then what is it?" she hissed.

Andrew didn't want to tell her. Their mother was dealing with mental problems that would cause her to attack their father and it was getting worse. The older woman had almost killed Andrew and his dad.

"Moms getting worse," he replied. "She almost killed me and dad." he sighed and tried to keep the tears from falling.

Mini looked away from his blue eyes and looked at the floor. "Does Macie know?" she asked quietly.

"No," he told her. "I'm going to tell her after I leave here."

"Go," Mini said looking up. He gave her a sad look. "I'll be fine. I have work today anyway. And I have a coffee date." she smiled.

Her brother raised an eyebrow. That had piqued his interest. He never expected his sister to be dating anyone. "With who?" He asked causally.

"A cop. Detective Danny Bull." She felt a small blush form on her face as she said Danny's name.

"Your blushing." Her brother teased.

She moved past him and elbowed him as she did. "Make yourself at home if you need. I need to go shower and get ready for the day."

"Sounds good." She heard her brother call as she went into the bathroom.