15: Cereal & Coffee

We laid there holding hands and just enjoyed the presence of the other. The rain was calming and I felt like falling asleep right there on the floor, the dirtiness of it all didn't even seem to bother me. That was new.

I looked over at Hector, he is so beautiful. He is a work of art. If that makes sense, I could look at him for hours and never get tired of it. Hector looked over at me and smirked.

"Like the view?" He asked and winked. I blushed but responded with an honest answer.

"Quite frankly, yes I am enjoying the view," I turned and stared up at the sky again. He blushed darkly and looked away quickly.

"Thank you," he whispered as he stared up at the night sky too.

"You're welcome, I just wanted to be honest. You are very attractive." I looked over at him. I could tell that he was blushing darkly and he sat up.

"Okay let's get back home," Hector stood up quickly and seemed very awkward. That was new. I am usually always the 'awkward' one.

"Okay," I got up. It did make me a bit sad, I like it here.

"Don't be sad, we are going to do something fun tomorrow, my love." He spoke softly and walked over. He lifted my chin gently so I could look at him. I smiled softly, liking that he called me, 'my love.' It gave me butterflies. I loved when he gave me butterflies.

"Okay," I glanced up at the roof and saw that the rain had stopped. I cringed at the thought of how muddy the walk was going to be. "Hector, the walk is going to be muddy huh?" I asked, looking at him.

"Actually no, my moms made a path. It starts right out of this shack thing too," Hector walked out of the glass building and I followed him out. I looked around at the trees that looked beautiful, their leaves were dripping with the water that came from the rain. It was so dark and I couldn't help but be nervous.

I reached over and grabbed Hector's hand and he gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

It's dark, but the path is right there. I am holding his hand. He is right here with me. Hector is here with me so it is okay.

"Don't worry we are almost there Max," Hector comforted. This is much less scary than being home alone, but it's still terrifying. I heard a howl. It sounded like a dog, and I think I know what it could be. I stiffened and looked at Hector. "It's okay, don't worry, they are far away. Plus they are too scared of us to do anything," he comforted.

I'm okay with him. Calm down. The whispers tried to speak up again. I tried to ignite them. I held onto his hand tightly. I stared at the path in front of me and silently prayed that it would be over soon.

I felt a wave of relief hit me when I saw the cottage. I grabbed his hand and carefully ran to the door so I wouldn't slip on the wet floor. Hector used his key and opened the door. "Hurry door. I'm about to freeze to death!" Hector yelled at the door. He swung the door open before sprinting inside and grabbing the blanket wrapping it around himself.

"It's not that cold," I mumbled and followed him into the cottage and I closed the door. "May I change and borrow clothes?" I asked, looking at him. He nodded.

"The clothes we put to wash! I forgot about them!" Hector got up and ran to the laundry room. I was confused but shrugged it off. I walked into his room and grabbed some clothes. I then realized that I felt very dirty. "Hector! Can I take a shower?" I yelled the question as he was in the laundry room.

"Of course Max! Do whatever you want! Just don't burn the place down!" He yelled from the laundry room. Of course, I wouldn't burn the place down. I'm not a crazy person. I walked across the hall into the bathroom. I closed the door and undressed.