23- Yellow Flowers

I opened my eyes the next morning due to the sound of yelling from outside. I looked around the dark room before walking towards the window. I opened the curtain to see that it was still dark. I grabbed my phone to see that it was three in the morning, which explains why it is so dark. An unreasonable hour to wake up, six in the morning is the ideal time.

I watched from the window as soldiers hurried around preparing things for the day. I heard a knock at the door and I turned to it. "Come in."

I watched as a whole crew of people walked in, one of them holding a perfectly folded outfit. How splendid a new outfit. I am being sarcastic, I am not excited at all. I am actually disappointed about it.

They led me over to the closet. Hands were once again everywhere undressing and then dressing me again.

I do not feel like trying to explain how much I hate this. If I were to explain how much I hate this I will have to use words I, personally, do not like to use. These words are also known as swear words.

To my absolute relief they had mercy today and did not make me wear a corset. Even then the whole buttoned jacket outfit didn't seem like the best option to wear into a battle. My first thought was that I should fire the terrible designer of the outfit, but you can't fire your own mother.

To make matters even worse the whole makeup crew even put makeup on me. I suppose they want me to die looking perfect. There was another knock at the door and one of the tailors opened the door.

The worker from the night before walked in, he handed something to one of the makeup artists. "It's the necklace you requested last night, your majesty," he explained shyly, looking like he felt awkward about all of the crew it took to get me ready before a battle.

"Thank you," I replied calmly before one of the makeup artists got mad at me for speaking. The guard nodded saying a soft, 'you're welcome,' before hurrying out of the room.

The makeup artists finished getting me ready. One of the workers put the necklace on me. She was an old woman having worked at the palace the entirety of my life. Maybe even my father's life. I never knew her name though, she has just always been there. I passed her in the hallway at least once a day. I looked down at the necklace, the gold chain made the blueish rock look even more lovely.

The older lady carefully slid the necklace into my outfit so it wouldn't be seen, which was quite the shame because it was a very beautiful necklace.

"Now hurry along, you must eat breakfast your majesty," she smiled. I nodded and walked out of the closet to see my bed had been made.

I walked out of the room and saw my father talking to General Hall. I walked into a small dining room, much smaller than the one at the palace. I sat down and watched a staff member hurry out of the kitchen setting a plate down on the table. I thanked them before picking at the food on the plate, not feeling hungry at the ungodly hour of the day.

I was poking at the food still when I heard footsteps. I looked up to see Micah. Her boots were making a tapping sound on the floor. To my surprise she walked over and sat down on top of the table.

"Are you ready for the battle today Max?" She asked and reached over to take a piece of bacon off my plate. I am not a fan of people touching my plate. I suppose it is alright when she does it though. We are friends after all.

"Sort of, I am nervous though," I admitted as I looked down at my plate that had Micah on it now.

She took another bite of the bacon and stood up, getting off the table. "Yeah same," she smiled softly. "Now I know you haven't trained for battle, but I think you will do fine. You have some amazing soldiers on your side. You have Queen Lilith blood in you," she teased. Though, she isn't wrong. That blood is the same reason I carry a curse.