Chapter 2: The battle in the Henituse territory.

Rain city, the location of the Henituse Castle and the capital of the territory.

Dark grey clouds enveloped the Henituse territory on that day. The sun was nowhere to be seen and everything was silent, you could hear little to no noise at all. Their shoulders were curled up in fear inside the city.

The citizens who were walking alone or in groups of three or four all had odd expressions on their faces. Fear, worry, and even some other emotions were all visible on their faces. As everyone gazes at the sky then on the newly fortified castle walls. On top of those walls, soldiers and knights were walking around it. The tall castle wall surrounded the entire Rain City. However, even that tall and sturdy wall could not reach the sky. To protect them from the incoming invasion.

In the cloudy gray winter sky, wyverns are going to invade their land through the sky. It was unbelievable, but it was true. The video of those wyverns, tied to their places were seen through the video that the crown prince had shown them. Their unhuman growling was etched in their minds, they couldn't help but feel fear as their minds ran anxious.

The Roan Kingdom's northern territories became the most dangerous locations after crown prince Alberu showed the video of the wyverns and claimed that the Roan Kingdom would not lose. The northeast region was the region with the highest risk of attack. The enemy kingdom of Norland. The Henituse territory in the northeast region was the closest territory to Norland that was across the Forest of Darkness.

This is why the citizens could not help but be in a state of chaos.

However, on top of the tall walls surrounding them, a young man stood on top of it, unwavered as he looked at the horizon where the sun would set. Grey clouds prevented the sun from ever shining its rays on them, as the surroundings became dark. But a red haired man stood on top of the walls looking down at them like a hawk.

The war would begin any moment, that is why for the last three days, the red haired man, Cale Henituse, was always standing and watching on top of those tall walls eyeing the territory.

"He doesn't want the territory and his people getting hurt at all..."

Someone spoke as they gaze at the young master standing on top of the walls.

"I thought he was trash."

The citizen could not help but shout toward his friend.

"How could you!"

A third friend added on.

"I looked into it, and they said that he was someone who threw bottles at gangsters! How is that being trash?"

"Didn't he also break stuff? I heard he even broke down some store doors."

"Ahem, well."

He could not retort his friend's statement.

To be honest, young master Cale really was trash. You could not erase or change your past. However, it was not enough to look down on his current sacrifice.

"He must have come to his senses. He is our young master-nim now."

"He's here when we need him, we should be thankful."

"You are right. Our Lord-nim is a good person, so his son, the young master-nim, must have learned something from him as well."

The citizen nodded to agree with his friend as he looked at the notices placed around Rain City. He was one of the few people who knew how to read.

This was the message on the notices:

The Henituse Castle will be providing the citizens with food until the territory returns to peace.