Chapter 7: Madness (3).

(A/N): WARNING! DEPRESSION AND ATTEMPT SUICIDE. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THOSE THEMES, PLEASE SKIP UNTIL YOU'VE SEE THE FIRST BREAK LINE (—). IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ IT, PLEASE PROCEED. BUT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO, I ADVISE YOU TO SKIP IT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Cale had woken up as he felt the sun hit his face. He brushed his face then his hair. His eyes scanned his room before kicking off the blanket. He went to the bathroom and stared at the large mirror inside of him.

18 years old. He was back again years into the past. His handsome face was reflected to his eyes who had no sparks in it. They were tired. Very, very tired and lifeless. Like a gem that lost their luster as they were full of scratches and cracks.

599th regression.

Cale touched the mirror and smiled dryly at his reflection.

"I wonder what kind of death I'll face this time."

This is his 599th regression. He died 598 times in different manners. Too many to count and horrifying to narrate. He died from murder and suicide. He was even executed due to the false accusations and to his own carelessness.

Splash!

Cale dipped himself in his tub filled with water. The water overflowed when he let his weight sink in the tub. He let his head sink down. He can feel his oxygen slowly depleting. His vision blurred. He can feel himself slowly floating away.

'I already died like this, still, it's uncomfortable...'

"CALE!"

Cale sprung his head up from the water when he heard a voice calling him. He held onto the sides of his tub as he felt his world spinning. He let his vision go back to normal before looking around, catching his breath.

But no one was there.

Cale swore he heard a girl's voice calling him. It was soothing and lovely. Something he'd like to hear again, but where did he hear it? It wasn't his mother's, then whose voice was that?

At that moment, Cale Henituse didn't die from drowning.

At the family breakfast, he couldn't taste anything from his breakfast. His father was concerned about him, but Cale didn't pay attention to him. He then felt himself looking at his side of the table, especially at the chairs beside him. He felt like there should be someone who's supposedly occupying those seats. But who were they? Even if he is always alone in every regression, he felt like he had missing something, no rather, a pair of people. Was it siblings? But Basen and Lily are here? His family was complete wasn't it?

Cale dropped his knife and fork on his plate as he stood up from his seat. Ignoring the concerned shouts of his family.

'Weird, why do I feel like this?'

599th regression.

'It felt like it shouldn't be like this.'

'This regression... something if off.'

'Why does it feel like something is missing?! Why does it feels like I'm looking for something that can't be found?! Fuck!'

Cale ran past his room to a part of their mansion. He stopped in a room that's large enough for two people. He immediately swung the doors open. Only to find stored things that were accumulating dust. Cale's eyes shook. He felt like this should be a room not a storage room. But whose room is this? Who were the people sharing this room?! Who?!

"Something isn't right. Why? Why does it feel like I've forgotten something so important?! Fuck! What the hell is happening?!"

Cale touched the first thing that came on his line of vision. He grabbed the white cloth that's covering a painting. He pulled it away from frustration trying to remember something he couldn't comprehend. The cloth flew away, the dust danced. There, Cale saw their family's painting. The one wherein his late mother was included. His father and late mother who were with him were smiling as their faces were being immortalized in a painting. Cale's eyes went to the side of his mother sitting on a chair, it was empty. There were only three people in that family painting. Cale's eyes were shaking so much as he held the frame of the painting. His eyes and hands were shaking so much as he stared at the empty space beside his mother.