Chapter 16: Climax (3).

Callen's eyes shook as he saw the knight mouthed him something, despite being injured, burned, dripping in blood, and barely breathing.

'I told you I can't die just yet.'

Choi Han had felt something grab his ankles. He then lowered his head to see what was grabbing onto his ankles. It was a wyvern corpse. Cale Henituse was also in the same situation.

"Fuck! Let go!"

Cale cursed as he tried to kick away the wyverns. The wyverns were slaves to the Dragon Slayer even after death. Those pitiful beings could not get away at all.

"Tch!"

Cale clicked his tongue as he tried to slash the wyverns to break free, however. The wyvern corpse started to shake and it seemed to resemble boiling water.

Cale felt something ominous at that moment. Something was like enveloping him, something cold and sinister. It was the same feeling, that chilling sensation whenever he was about to regress. The feeling of death and liberation.

'Could it be-!'

Cale immediately started to speak as he ripped off the imaginary reaper behind him.

"Dodge it! It's going to fucking explode!"

It looked as if it was about to explode. The wyverns had chased the helmeted knight to the castle wall. The castle wall and the Tigers would be in danger if they exploded.

Callen and Callena were in pinch.

Callen could not spread his shield nor Callena could spread her ice to form the cathedral again all the way to the catapult and the archers, the soldiers would be unable to attack the Bears if they did so. Unfortunately, there were many soldiers currently standing on the castle wall as well.

Callen started to frown. Callena's hands then turned into a fist. This was the reason why they had hated wars. Most specifically Callena since, she was born on a peaceful modern world in her last life.

And wars were only found in her world's history books.

"Hahaha!"

The helmeted knight could not hold back his laughter. He found Cale's and the hooded persons' frowns to be entertaining.

"Why?"

Callena asked. She's looking at the soon to be exploding wyverns and to the people of their territory, including the tigers. Just by thinking of the explosion, her heartbeats spiked from worry. Ever since she had opened her eyes in this world, she had already knew that this world was going to be different from her last.

A warring era or the dark times, the era after the medieval times.

If ever those wyverns were to explode.

Callena Henituse would experience being near to death once again.

Callen knew about this and this is the reason he was very reluctant to let her take part in the planning and preparation stage, much more in the actual battle. This is because Callen knew of what life she had before she became Callena Henituse, his lovely twin sister and the first young lady of the Henituse household. The first person in this world who had broken down his walls.

Callen held her hand at that moment. He intertwined their fingers as he squeezed her small hand in his grip, just like what he always did in their childhood. Callena then looked at him with her shaking and teary eyes.

"It's alright."

Callen assured her.

"It's going to be alright."