Side story 4: 598th life.

598th life.

598th suffering.

598th regression.

Repeatedly experiencing this hell of a loop, Cale could tell he was not sane at this point. Since he was smiling so brightly when the bastard who's mounting a huge fucking fly were slowly arriving as he stood in vanguard in the Henituse's territory's castle walls.

Behind him were fully armed soldiers tensely raising their weapons as the scouts shouted at the incoming horde of enemies from the sky. The territory which was the place of the first battlefield was enveloped with a sturdy red shield. It was a countermeasure against the incoming horde of wyverns. It was something Cale had picked up from his past regressions.

His smile vanished when he felt someone was running to him.

"Young lord Cale."

"What?"

"The cannons are fully loaded. The archers are already in position. The hired mages lead by Ms. Rosalyn strengthen the shield and are ready to attack. The ground troops led by Sir Choi Han were in position in a strategic point. We are now ready to take orders from the young lord. Upon your signal, we would now attack."

"Good. Tell them to standby for now and wait for the enemy to make contact with the shield."

"Yes, young lord!"

Cale started to smile again when the knight left him alone on top of the castle walls. The anti-aerial troops (composed of cannons, mages, and archers) and the ground troops (composed of the territory knights, some old mercenary friends of Cale, and Choi Han), were in position.

His family was away from the battlefield this time. He had forcefully sent them away in an isolated place where they would be safe from the war. The residents of the territory were then forced to evacuate in the most safest place in the kingdom.

Everything is set.

Everything was moving according to his plan.

With his vulnerabilities casted away, Cale couldn't help but feel something rising from his heart. He could feel it, he could feel the cogs silently running, clicking to a different future he knew.

Different from his past regressions.

"Ha..."

His shaking hand went to his sword.

"HAHAHA!"

He unleashed his sword with an insane laugh when the wyvern of Clopeh clashed with the red shield.

"FUCKER YOU'RE MINE!!!"

Cale shouted as the fight started.

"LOAD EVERYTHING AND FIRE!!!"

He jumped out of the castle walls and thrusted his sword in every wyvern he saw. That time, he looked like a demon ready to slaughter anything in his way.

Cale couldn't comprehend what was happening after he gave the signal. There was nothing he could remember, except for the fact that he kept on slicing and slicing his sword on every pest he could see. His aura was so dangerous nobody dared to stop him.

His eyes remained unfocused.

His sight was filled with red.

He didn't know if he had wounds or if he killed his allies.

He didn't know.

His rationality was taken away the moment he had spotted the wyverns.

He's like a madman who went into the battlefield to play with blood.