Side story 3: The Rose's buds.

"Jour..." Deruth silently mumbled.

He's currently in a room filled with buckets of wet towels mixed with blood as he tightly gripped a hand of a woman who's currently giving birth. The doctors were currently doing the best they can as they give their all to assist the madam on giving birth.

Painful shouts and shrieks were heard inside the delivery room. Deruth was horrified at her shouts but he still remained beside her. He held her hand so tightly as she grips his. He didn't know giving birth was this painful. He didn't know that giving birth could take his wife's life. He didn't know that this situation could lose his little heirs. So he just held her hand, wipe her forehead that's full of sweat, and kissed her hand as he prayed that no one from his family would be lost in this situation.

The servants of the estates were praying as hard as they could to ensure the safety of their countess and the soon to be born little heirs inside of her. Some were crying as they kneeled on the floor with clasping hands but there were others who are calm amidst the situation.

Ron was just looking calmly at the door of the delivery room as they heard of their countess' painful shouts. But what the servants didn't know is that Ron was clenching his right hand so much his knuckles were turning white at that moment. He's worrying about the countess because her pregnancy is a bit sensitive. He's fearing the worst that's yet come, he might lose his countess or the children inside of her.

'Let them be born safely...' Ron wished as he looked towards the door with hopeful eyes.

Finally, those painful shouts stopped and the servants immediately went to the large doors of the deliver room but they were stopped by Ron who placed his hand on the handle while smiling benignly on them.

Everyone protested. They wanted to see their madam and her children at that moment but Ron shut them by saying that their excitement could harm the tired madam. At that moment, everyone pouted and just waited outside as Ron gently knocked on the door. The count let him in, and he did as he was told.

Click.

Ron saw the room was not cleared of the equipment the countess used to give birth. He still could see towels wet from blood and water scattered across the room and pails fill with diluted blood beside the bed wherein the countess was currently lying.

"Ron... where is... everyone?"

Ron immediate turned his attention towards the countess who's weakly lying on the bed. Ron could also see two bundles of white cloth beside her.

"I didn't let them in, my countess. They are too excited to see the young masters. I fear that they would interrupt your rest."

Jour smiled weakly at him.

"It's alright, let them in..."

"But Jour-!"

"It's alright Deruth, they wanted to see their 'young master' and 'young lady'..."

Ron's eyes widened at his countess' last statement. The children, the little heirs of the county were a boy and a girl. The countess saw his look and she giggled at him. With a sigh, Ron opened the door and he could see his fellow servants outside the large doors eavesdropping. Ron just looked at them a bit frowning as he let them in. The excited servants cried when they saw the madam and her children were safe.

Everyone moved towards the bed and carefully looked at the children hidden in cloth bundles and they couldn't believe what they saw. A handsome boy and a pretty girl. Probably the most beautiful existence they had seen in their entire life. Everyone could help but gasp not at the children but at the countess.

"Madam..."

The countess' eyes have tears in them, she's crying as she looked at her children hidden in bundles of cloth. She reached for them and tried to carry them both in her arms but to no avail, she couldn't. She's too weak at the moment. Deruth saw this and he gently carried his newborn children in his arms, as he sat beside his wife. Jour continued crying as she caressed the faces of her children.

It was a tearjerker scene. The newborn children were strangely silent upon their birth. And the countess was crying as she held their faces gently. The servants also cried as they looked towards the scene. They are thinking that the countess was so happy to see her children she couldn't contain her joy. But there was someone who knew something was wrong. Deruth couldn't help but worry at her and his children when he saw his wife's eyes gleamed with sadness while looking at their children. Though this day should be a happy day and yet, she's crying out of sadness.

Deruth looked at Ron and the butler immediately understood his master's gaze. Ron let the servants and himself out of the room, leaving the count with his family inside.

Their soft cheeks brushed against Jour's soft hands as she looked at them sadly. There was something that couldn't be seen by an ordinary person but her.

Reincarnators. Her children were reincarnators. Special beings who's born with memories of their past lives.

However, it wasn't the reason why she was sad.

Her ancient power that would allow her to see the life span of a living being, let's her see their annual rings of life. Her first born little boy lived until his late thirties but... her little girl only lived until her mid twenties.

Jour cried more as she gazed the little human in her husband's arms. She gently clasped her little face in her hands as she kissed her little head. She also did the same for her son.

'What happened to you, my Callen and Callena?'

Jour thought as she hugged the little person silently sleeping in her husband's arms.

Jour didn't know, at that point, that it was the point of change that the world was waiting for.