Chapter 17: Resolution.

(A/N): Hello everyone, I just want to say that this arc has now ended with this chapter. I really enjoyed writing this ff and I hope I can write more in the future. Honestly, this ff is written out of impulse (I like something out of a crazy idea though haha) and I didn't expect that many people would pick this up 😭. Still, thank you for those endless support you have given me for these past months, both in Wattpad and in Ao3. Thank you for joining Callen (KRS), Callena (???), and Cale Henituse in their adventures. And lastly, many thanks for stopping by and reading the Progenies of Count Henituse.

See you all soon. Hopefully, in the side stories.

-Lishen.

P.s.: Before it all ends, I have written 5 extra chapters. You can find them at the end of this chapter. It's a fan service of the ships (you know what I'm talking about and who were they 😏).

___

Rosalyn's eyes shook as she saw the gentle golden lights raining down the territory before the explosion occurred. Those lights were then absorbed by her shield, the holy white shield, and Cale's aura. She could feel her shield strengthened many times as the lights fell on her red shield.

"How pretty..." she muttered.

Those lights were the ones she saw before the blinding light of explosion washed away her vision.

___

A gust of wind brushed past them. It was the aftershock of the explosion.

Everyone opened their eyes once the wind had died down.

The Dragon Slayer was not there. He didn't die from the explosion nor from the combination of Cale's, Raon's, and Choi Han's attacks unfortunately.

The ground started to move when the Tigers started to get back up. They helped the soldiers who're on the ground to the castle walls. Rosalyn and Cale immediately turn off their shield and aura, respectively, after they have confirmed that the explosion is done.

'I had survived.'

That was the thought that was going through all of the soldiers' minds.

Click! Click!

The citizens of the territory started to open their doors. They did not see the enemies anymore.

'They did it.'

The citizens realized that they had won. Tears were streaming down their eyes as they rejoiced.

Cale looked around at that moment, everything was a mess. The trees, boulders, and everything else were either destroyed or flipped inside-out. Corpses of dead bears and wyverns were littered in the mud mixed with a blood field in front of him. The territory is in its devastating state. This would take time to rebuild even for the most wealthy family in the kingdom, unfortunately.

He then looked towards the castle walls and he couldn't help but smile at the intact walls. The walls have multiple cracks on it, nevertheless, it was still standing and it dutifully did its job to protect the people inside of it. He then looked towards the soldiers behind him, they were beyond exhausted but their eyes were screaming with life and hope as they also looked back at him.

A small gentle gold light had flown towards his nose at that moment. Cale immediately looked towards the sky and he saw that the dark grey clouds that once surrounded the territory had cleared. A ray of light started to shine down on them from the cloudless sky in the territory along with the falling golden lights. And honestly, it looks so divine. It was a sight to behold. Something that would be unforgettable.