Protector

Before I had left Pycelle's chamber, I had swiped a vial of poison. Poison was never my weapon of choice, but this kill would require "delicate handling" so to speak. I refused to allow Olyvar to endanger my brother.

I remembered Lord Baelish's outburst when he saw Olyvar in the throne room and decided to look for him at Littlefinger's brothel. A Queen should not be seen at a brothel, so I had donned a large hood to hide my face.

I approached one of the women working and asked her to take me to Olyvar. She pointed me to a large room covered by a thick red cloth. I gave her payment for her troubles and entered.

"How many times do I have to tell you people I am not for sale?" Olyvar said, his back to me.

"That's no way to speak to your Queen," I replied, throwing back my hood. Olyvar lazily turned to face me.

"I am not for sale, Your Grace," he corrected. This Olyvar character was beginning to test my patience, but I had to keep up the ploy. I walked to the place he was seated and laid a hand on his shoulder.

"Do they have any wine in this place?" I asked. "The weather here is taking a long time to get used to." Olyvar motioned to a jar on the table. I poured us both a glass but didn't dare try the poison yet. I walked back over to my target and draped myself on the divan next to him. He raised a questioning eyebrow as I removed my cloak. "I apologize for earlier, I hadn't eaten much and fainted, silly me. Is there anything-" I leaned closer to him. "-I could do for you?"

I climbed into his lap and noticed he shifted. I was playing a very dangerous game because if someone were to walk in, Joffrey would have my head. Olyvar could not come out of this alive. I kissed him and waited until his eyes were closed before pouring the vial of poison into his drink.

"Your Grace!" He cried. "You could cost your life!"

"Shhhhhh," I giggled. "Just drink with me and help me forget my marriage!" I raised my glass and he skeptically did the same. I touched the wine to my lips and watched as he drank his death.

He began to choke and I wrapped my cloak around his mouth, suffocating him. He struggled against me and I had a difficult time keeping him silent. Soon, he fell limp. I pulled his belt from him and tied it to one of the rafters. Thanks to endless training and his lack thereof, I was able to slip his head through the loop in the belt and tighten it.

Unfortunately for me, my cloak was ruined. I ripped it into pieces and tossed each piece into a separate brazier. The flames licked at the expensive fabric. I had to devise a way out without being seen. There was a window in the corner, but what if someone saw the Queen of Westeros climbing out of a brothel window? I tore into Olyvar's wardrobe. It was there I saw a large bag of gold with a note attached.

"Find anything you can that could implicate the Tyrells in such a manner to get them out of the way and more packages like this will come."

The note was unsigned. Someone was trying to get myself and my family killed. I stole a cloak from Olyvar's wardrobe and went back to where his corpse hung. I put the bag of coins alongside the note in his tunic pocket. Whoever discovered his body would also discover the plot against my family. Then, I crept out of the window.

~

I had discarded Olyvar's cloak underneath Cersei's chamber window. Nothing need tie me to it in case it was found out that he was, in fact, murdered. Now to find Loras.

I found my brother practicing his sword skills near the sea. "Loras!" I called out. "We need to talk."

"Spar with me first!" He laughed and tossed me a practice sword. I advanced, pushing the thought of Olyvar out of my mind. Loras locked swords with mine, his hair already soaked with sweat and a playful smile. I threw my weight against the sword and he stumbled. "Always the trickster, Isabel!"

"Always the loser, Loras!" He came at me again and hit me in my sword arm. "Ow you bastard!" I yelled. I swung at the back of his leg and knocked him off his feet.

"Oof," he muttured as the air left his lungs. I collapsed onto the grass in a fit of laughter. Loras tried to get his breath back and we laid there laughing until I remembered why I was there.

"Loras, how do you know Olyvar?" My voice suddenly serious. "And please be honest. I'm your sister."

Loras looked down. "Olyvar is...my lover. I know it's against the gods, but it's just he's what I've always wanted, Isabel." His words were like a knife in my heart. I had murdered my brother's lover. Would he forgive me? Loras's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Why do you ask?"

"Olyvar came before the Iron Throne this morning. He said he had information about you, Loras. I already knew about you and him as I accidentally walked in on you two a couple nights ago. I knew I had to protect you. So, I tracked him to Lord Baelish's brothel where I found a bag of gold and a note telling him to find anything that could implicate our family. I'm sorry, Loras. I did what I had to do." I reached for his hand and his eyes widened.

"Isabel, what did you do?" I looked up at him with eyes full of sorrow. "You didn't! Tell me you didn't!" He screamed and grabbed my shoulders.

"I'm sorry! I did it to protect you!" I cried out. Loras collapsed into my arms and we sat there, crying into each other for support.