Ending #3

I loved my son Eyan, as did Joffrey. He was a happy baby, always smiling and cooing. Although he did not have the Lannister features, Joffrey still looked at him as though he hung the moon and all the stars.

No, my baby boy looked like a Tyrell. He had beautiful brown curls like Loras, but with a hint of red like me. He had the Tyrell smirk as well, and I knew my baby would grow to be quite the troublemaker.

Eyan always wanted to be out riding. Joffrey bought him a beautiful horse from Dorne and Eyan named him Colliff.
We would often go out riding as a family when Joffrey wasn't busy.

The kingdom loved Eyan. Many nobles tried to set up marriages with Eyan and their daughters, but I wanted my son to choose the girl he wanted when he was older. This angered the lords, and I heard many of them grumbling about me when my back was turned. This resulted in Joffrey and I punishing them severely, and many a lord left King's Landing missing a tongue.

We weren't perfect, and trying to keep my reputation as the kind and loving Queen was increasingly difficult. There were many who wished to see my head on a spike alongside my husband. One day, Eyan and I went for a ride. Eyan was 10 years old now and getting braver by the second. We were racing at a high speed and jumping over every fallen log. It was a lot of fun, until an arrow came flying from deep inside the forest and buried itself in my chest. My lifeless body fell from my horse and the last thing I heard was my Eyan, my little prince, scream "Mother!"

Joffrey became a recluse. He was so angry and hurt that he turned Eyan away because he reminded him of me, and Joffrey could not bear the pain. Eyan was filled with rage and the desire for vengeance against the one who took his mother away. Cersei resumed her role as Queen Mother, and life at the Keep became miserable. There was a dark cloud around the castle, and my poor Joffrey was wasting away. He wouldn't eat or sleep or leave his room. The only person he saw was Jaime, who would tell him of developments in the kingdom and the search for my killer.

When Eyan was 14, he couldn't bear the gloom of the castle any longer, so he fled. Many say he went to the Wall, or to Braazos, but my child was never seen again.

[Sequel is called Runaway Prince]