Ending #1

Sleep evaded me that night. My hand slipped underneath my pillow and my fingertips brushed the cold dagger that I had placed there so long ago. I thought about how far I had come from the scared girl who expected to die at the hands of her betrothed. All these months, one single question had haunted me. Did Joffrey really love me?

The answer to that question, I did not know. He had shown me kindness on many occasions, but he was still the same twisted little boy that he was before I arrived. Then there was the matter of if I really loved him. I did not. Joffrey was not my epic love that I had waited for my entire life. And now his child was growing inside of me.

I could not raise a child in a place like this. I would never put my child in harm's way. No matter who the father was, I would not endanger my baby.

I found my mind wandering to Jon. Jon, my childhood love. Yes, he slept with another woman, but it wasn't like he was mine to begin with. Jon was an honorable man, much more honorable than my husband. My husband was the reason Jon lost his family.

I looked to Joffrey's sleeping form next to me. In his sleep he didn't look like the monster that I had seen him be. Despite all of it, most of the monstrous things he had done were in defense of me. My heart sank. Maybe he did love me, in his own twisted way. But would he love my child? Robert Baratheon fathered more children than he had knowledge of, and Tywin tried to murder Tyrion when he was born. If my baby was deformed, would Joffrey kill it too?

I remembered the moment Cersei struck me and Joffrey shot me. This family was dangerous. They would kill one of their own with little thought or remorse. My family had been deeply hurt by my own actions due to the Lannisters. Who was the monster here, me or Joffrey? I had poisoned and hanged my brother's lover. I launched a knife into an old man for Joffrey and to maintain my position as Queen. But I was not done being selfish.

I wrapped my hand around the dagger and plunged it into Joffrey's breast. "Valar morghulis," I whispered as the breath left his lungs.

"Valar dohaeris," came a voice from the shadows. "You have done well, Isabel Tyrell. In return I give you what you asked for." A woman with silvery hair and violet eyes stepped forward from the shadows.

"Thank you, Daenerys."

"Bel?" Jon came into the light. I leapt from my wretched bed and into his arms. "Bel," he breathed, wrapping his arms around me. "I'm so sorry Bel. For everything."

"Shhh, don't be. I'm so happy you're here!"

Daenerys cleared her throat. "I relieved Jon of his Night Watch duties. It's a small thank you for sending me letters on Joffrey's activities and keeping the Lannisters distracted. Loras was very helpful in integrating my army inside the castle. I am forever grateful. You should leave now, though. The siege is about to begin. Winterfell is yours, Jon Snow."

"Thank you, Your Grace, for returning me to my Bel. Long may you reign." Jon bowed.

"Long live the Queen," I knealt next to Jon.

"Arise, Lord and Lady Snow," Daenerys smiled.

"You're keeping the name Snow?" I asked.

"It is a part of me. Being Lord Commander was an honor, but I gave it all up just to be with you. I can't believe I left you to that monster." Jon sighed and held me close.

"I've always loved you, Jon, only you." I kissed him and we fled the room.

I saw Daenerys's troops drag Cersei from her chambers. "You lying whore!" She screamed. "You killed my son, my baby boy!"

"You're welcome to join him," I spat and slapped her hard across the cheek. Jon dragged me away into the night as screams filled the castle.

~

"Winterfell," Jon breathed. I dismounted my stolen horse and Jon pulled me into his arms.

"Welcome home, Lord Snow," I smiled and kissed him.

"Daenerys already took care of the Bolton's, so Winterfell is all ours. Our home now." Jon's direwolf Ghost trotted to our side and I tangled my fingers in his fur.

"I love you, Jon." I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I can't wait to marry you, Bel."

[There will be no sequel to this ending.]