{part 3}~ the bro squad

We arrived together at sophomore sleepover in matching t shirts with out initials on them.
I handed over the a hundred bucks for my ticket and joined my friends inside.
We went into the haul that was blaring music. There was a dance floor,a dj, a bouncy house, photo booth, a bunch off food and more.
All my friends went for the dance floor and so did i. After some dancing to the cheesy music they were playing I decided to take a break. The music was loud and I felt a bit out of place,they were very clique.
I grabbed a bottle of water and went to hide in the locker room for a bit.
I got there and it was empty thank god, the quiet.
I went round to the showers and thats when I noticed a guys sitting there.
"Oh, im sorry ill leave" I mumbled as i went to turn around to leave.
"Its okay, sit" he said softly patting his hand on the ground next to me, gesturing me to sit. I smiled and went over to sit next to him.
We looked at each other for a moment waiting to see who will speak first.
"So... why aren't you partying with everyone else" he asked.
"I could ask you the same thing"
"You didn't answer my question"
"Its to loud and busy and my friends can be a bit much sometimes"i went on.
"The bro squad can be a bit much" he laughed.
"The bro squad? Is that what you call them" I laughed.
"Thats what most people call them"
"Im y/n and your..." i said putting my hand out for him to shake.
"Marcus baker" he said shaking it.
"Your max's brother" i asked.
"Yeah, unfortunately"
"Max isnt that bad"
"You don't live with her. Anyways how are you liking wellsberry so far" he asked.
"I like it, its nice, the people and the community are nice" i said and he nodded. He seemed so much nicer than what maxine made him out to be.
"So whyd you move here anyways?"
"Whats with all the questions jez" i asked.
"Im sorry, I just ... what to get to know you. Once you answer my question you can ask me one"
I nodded and tried to piece together what to say to him. My mother was a sensitive topic, I don't why but i felt like i could trust him.
"Well my mum passed a few months ago and my dad just didn't want to live in the same house and town . So you could say it was for a fresh start" i rambled on.
"Oh im so sorry, where yous close?"he smiled softly.
"Yeah, before she got sick we did everything together"
"I know what its like to loose someone close i lost my best friend to cancer"
"Im so sorry"
He nodded and i leaned over to give him a hug.
He pulled away after a moment and smiled at me.
"Wow, that got deep" he laughed
"Yeah, so tell me about yourself Marcus. I feel like ive done most the talking"
"Im 15, i own a motorcycle, i like weed and im single"
"What about padma?"
"I dont care about her, she's just a hook up"
"That just sad, for padma"
"Yeah but not for you" ooh hes clever and straight forward.
"Me? Why me this has nothing to do with me" i said messing with him.
"Sure" he smiled.
"Oh hey, there you are.i think max is looking for you, she wants everyone to have matching ponytails"ginny said as she walked into the shower area before wetting her hair.
"What happened to your hair?" I asked.
"A ponytail happened"
Marcus laughed a little and i elbowed him to stop.
"Here let me help" i said getting up and helping her run the water through her hair to stop the frizz.
I toke the bobble from my wrist and put her hair in a half up half down bun so it wouldn't look like we'd washed it.
"Thanks y/n" she smiled.
"Your welcome ginny and next time you should tell them not to touch your hair"
She smiled and I continued.
"Tell max i don't really want a ponytail but ill be out in a minute"
"Okay i will" she said hugging me before going to meet up with the others.
I sat back down with marcus and he laughed.
"Stop laughing it isn't funny"
"Her hair looked so bad"
"Its not her fault" i sniggered.
"Well i better get going"
"Yeah, uh we should do this again sometime but like somewhere else"
"Did you just ask me out?" I said sarcastically.
"Maybe"
"If you are then its a yes." I gave him my number and went to leave.

AN: hey im sorry this is kinda cheesy but i hope you enjoyed it anyways!!!!!!!

Words: 808