{part 7}~ barley breathe when your near

Tonight was battle of the bands. I got dressed i to something nice and appropriate for the occasion but still comfy.
My dad was out so I texted him to say where i was and went there.
I got there and was greeted by max.
"Y/n your here" she said running over to hug me.
Battle of the bands was in the school so we walked into the haul where it was being held. One of the bands began to play and we all started dancing.
I was looking around to see if marcus was near by but I couldn't see him.
"Who are you looking for?" Abby asked.
"No one" i smiled.
"Oh shit" abby said staring at the next guitarist.
"What?" I questioned
"He doesn't measure up to Jordan" Norah went on.
"Aww" before she started retching like she was throwing up.
"Seriously is he impregnating me with his voice now?" Abby said turning to me.
"Jesus abby, he isnt even hot"
"Yeah but his voice is" she smiled.
"Speaking of, i have News . I am now on birth control" ginny announced.
"You are what?"
"What?" Max and i shouted at the same time.
"Are you serious" norah asked
"Yeah, ortho tri-cyclen lo."
"Thats a good kind"
"How would you know" I laughed.
" I don't know i haven't seen any add recalling it cause it kills you" she smiled.
" im gonna go to the bathroom" i said wandering off to yet again find marcus.
After a few minutes i found him.
"Howdy stranger" he smiled
"Howdy, this is way cheesier than I thought"
"Its wellsberry off course its gonna be cheesy" he laughed.
"Fair enough"
The next thing we both knew hunter was on the stage.
"So, im not normally the one who sings the songs. I leave that up to the very talented padma. But tonight im making the exception. Something happened to me recently, or rather someone happened. Ginny miller this songs for you" he said. Starting to play the guitar.
"Aww thats so cute he wrote a song for her" i smiled
Marcus laughed at me a little then we both turned to listen to hunter sing.
🎵 i can barley breathe when you are near🎵
Mine and marcus's faces dropped, then both looked at each other as if what the fuck is this.
🎵and im really really really scared your gonna disappear🎵
I tried to keep it in, i really did and i could tell he did too. But we didn't,  Me and marcus burst out laughing, i laughed so hard my ribs went tight and marcus was practically holding me up.
I physically could breathe and neither could he.
🎵i cant breathe when you are near🎵
"I cant breathe when hes singing that song" I laughed.
Marcus basically in tears said "lets go stand out side before anyone else notices we are laughing"
We left the hall and went to the locker room. We sat down on the benches.
"I couldn't take it in there, that songs so bad" i laughed again.
"Same, im scared for life" he laughed again.
"The fact everyone else was enjoying it, like are they okay?"
"Probably not" he laughed.
"Who is at this point in life" i said finally calming down.
"I am now that we are together and away from that song" he laughed.
I gave him a soft smile and then kissed him.
He pulled away to look at me, he placed his hand on my cheek.
"I know this is cheesy and it's normally not my thing but will you be my girlfriend" he asked.
Eeeeeeeeeeeee I internally squealed.
"Yeah, sure whatever" i said sarcastically. He laughed a little before kissing me again

AN: and it's official!!!!
I hope you liked this part hopefully i didn't traumatise yous by bringing up the song
I hope everyone's had/having a nice day/night! I went out today for the first time this week because i was feeling better so ngl im proud lol

Words: 621