[ 1 ]

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." -Mae West

[present day]

The sound of pouring rain was heard as the trees swayed hard

The sound of pouring rain was heard as the trees swayed hard. Rosa grumbled in annoyance as she tossed and turned in her bed. Her alarm clock went off, causing her to let out a frustrated sigh.

"It's too early for this," Rosa grumbled as she pulled the covers over head. "But I have to get up. I have a shoot."

Rosa got out of bed reluctantly as she stretched her arms over head.

"Madam Rosa," A voice was heard. "Madam Roselyn, would like to speak with you."

Rosa sighed as she walked to the door. She opened it and saw Apinya, one of the house maids.

"Please don't call me Madam, P'Apinya." Rosa said as she smiled.

Apinya shook her head. "I can't do that, Madam."

"Well, when my mother isn't around." Rosa spoke lowly.

Apinya nodded as she smiled. "Madam Roselyn, wishes to speak with you."

Rosa rolled her eyes but nodded thankfully. "About time. Can you believe it? I have to request a meeting in order to speak with my own mother."

"Madam, is very busy these days." Apinya said in agreement.

"Well, even if she is, she should at least make some time to be with her own daughter but oh well," Rosa remarked. "Thank you, P'Apinya."

Rosa walked to her closet picking out a casual outfit to wear. She was headed to her last shoot today and she knew that it didn't matter what she wore as the stylists would be changing her outfits every ten minutes. She wore a pair of black leggings with a zip-up sweater, knowing how much her mother would loathe her outfit choice.

Rosa walked down the hall as she headed toward her mother's office. She knocked on the door and then proceeded to walk in.

"Good morning, ma." Rosa said as she sat down in front of her.

Roselyn nodded as she looked at what her daughter was weaning. "Rosa, haven't we spoken about the outfit choices before? You have so much clothes and you wear that?"

"Ma, I'm going to a shoot today, they'll change my clothes anyway." Rosa justified.

Roselyn sighed as she shook her head. "You wanted to speak with me? They told me it was urgent."

Rosa nodded slightly, suddenly becoming anxious by the second. "Ma, you know how much I've enjoyed being here with you in Singapore," Technically, it wasn't a lie. Rosa enjoyed the time she spent in Singapore as many exciting opportunities came her way but she just wanted a break. "I've been a model ever since I came here and I got to make my debut as an actress. I'm really grateful for the opportunities that came my way here and I know that it's all thanks to you, ma."

Roselyn nodded as she smiled in approval. "Well, you've listened to me well, Rosa. None of this would have continued if you would have misbehaved but you proved me wrong. You got to travel to France and study abroad for two years and you've learned a lot about the business world."

"I want to finish my final two years of highschool in Thailand." Rosa spoke suddenly mentally cursing herself as she went off of her already made script.

Roselyn widened her eyes slightly in surprise as she suppressed a laugh. "You've got to be joking with me right, Rosa?"

Rosa shook her head. "No, ma. I want to go back to Thailand."

"How could you want to leave Singapore? You have many opportunities here. What do you have in Thailand?" Roselyn asked curtly. "You have everything here, Rosa."

"My brother and the rest of F4." Rosa said confidently.

Roselyn laughed. "Your brother and F4?"

"Ma, I haven't properly seen or spoken to Thyme in almost ten years," Rosa said angrily. "You broke your promise, ma."

"I fulfilled my promise, Rosa. You've seen Thyme, haven't you?"

"I—I have but it's only been at the Parama Group global meetings which happens once a year and I never had the chance to properly speak to him." Rosa spoke frustrated.

"You saw him, though? So don't tell me I broke your promise," Roselyn retorted. "I said you'd see him, I never promised you'd speak to him."

Rosa sighed frustratedly as she tried to remain calm. "Ma, I deserve a break. I want to go back to Thailand."

Roselyn stood up as she glared at her daughter. "You deserve nothing, Rosa. You have everything you need here."

"Ma, please I want to go back." Rosa mumbled as she looked at her mother.

Roselyn tilted her head to the side as she thought about something. "I'll let you go."

"Really, ma?" Rosa was surprised at her mother's sudden change in decision.

"Under one condition," Roselyn added as she smirked slightly. "I want you to watch over, Thyme. He's been getting into some trouble lately and I need you to push him back on the right path. We can't have any scandals come out in the media."

"That's the condition?" Rosa questioned doubtfully.

"Yes, Rosa. Do you accept it?"

Rosa nodded slowly as she stood up. She thought about how weird this condition was, I mean her mother changed her mind within a second. Rosa knew her mother was planning something but she didn't know what.

"It's settled then. Tia's leaving tomorrow morning so you'll leave with her."

Rosa nodded as she walked to the door getting ready to leave but before she did she turned back to look at her mother. "Thank you, ma."

Roselyn nodded as she sat down. "Enjoy your final shoot, Rosa."

"Everything should go back to how it was now."

Authors note
Hey. So this is the first official chapter of Out of Reach. I'm super excited to be writing and publishing this! This chapter is a little short but please bare with me. Also I am not sure of a uploading schedule so sorry for that. But I'll try to write whenever I can. Thank you.
- Mari