[ 12 ]

"To love is to recognize yourself in another."-Eckhart Tolle

"-Eckhart Tolle

Silence. Silence filled the air completely as Rosa and Ren walked side by side. She enjoyed his presence alongside her but she wanted to get to the point. She wanted to know why he had asked her to walk with him.

"P'Ren, why are we walking to...nowhere?" Rosa spoke for the first time, breaking the silence

Ren stopped and turned to her. "I don't want you to use honorifics with me anymore."

"I can't do that." Rosa said, shaking her head.

"Yes, you can. You're only a year younger than me."

"But you still are older than me." Rosa insisted, not knowing where this conversation was going.

"You don't use honorifics for Thyme." Ren refuted as he tilted his head.

"Thyme is my brother." Rosa protested.

"You use honorifics for P'Tia." Ren insisted.

"Well—Thyme is Thyme."

"Rosa, please no honorifics anymore," Ren began as he put his hands on her shoulders. "Aren't we friends? We shouldn't need to use honorifics with each other."

Rosa nodded in agreement as she began to understand his point of view. It was weird to her though. She had never discussed using honorifics with Ren before and she wondered why there was a sudden change. Rosa wasn't really sure where their conversation was headed.

"If I get scolded by P'Tia you better defend me." Rosa said as she crossed her arms.

Ren chuckled. "I've got your back."

Ren took his hands off of Rosa's shoulders as he pointed to an empty bench.

"Do you want to go sit?" Ren asked.

Rosa hesitated for a second. "It's kind of late don't you think? We could continue walking until we reach somewhere."

Ren nodded. "My house is close, we could walk there."

"I—Ren," Rosa began, earning a small smile from him. "I don't want to sound rude but why are we doing this?"

Ren chuckled, ignoring Rosa. "She was right. She knew it even before I did."

(flashback)

Ren was sitting on a white couch sketching something in his sketchbook. It had been two weeks since he had arrived in France. Things were going great but something had changed between Mira and him. Mira was working and studying, she had no time for anything. Ren on the other hand, had all the time in the world. He missed F4 but he missed someone else too.

"Ren." Mira called out as walked in the living room.

Ren looked up from his sketchbook giving her all of his undivided attention.