[ 14 ]

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." —Eleanor Roosevelt

Screeches of excitement could be heard all over the cafeteria

Screeches of excitement could be heard all over the cafeteria. Everyone—meaning by everyone the girls, we're excited about Thyme's eighteenth birthday party. Roselyn had made a huge deal about it, which was something Rosa began to find strange.

Rosa walked over to Gorya. "Tired of this, huh?"

Gorya looked at Rosa as she pulled out a seat next to her. "He's everywhere! It's kind of annoying..."

"This is only the beginning," Rosa said with a small laugh. "Ma, is blowing this up more than expected."

"Is that normal?" Gorya asked.

Thinking about it more clearly—no it was not normal. Was this part of Roselyn's plan? Whatever was coming, no doubt it was huge, and it would affect everyone entirely soon.

"Honestly, she has always made a big deal of birthday celebrations. The only reason here is that Thyme is going to turn eighteen." Rosa answered.

Gorya changed the subject. "Rosa, you know that Thyme moved in next door to me?"

Rosa nodded. "I do. I packed his bag, because he can't do anything right."

"He was afraid of a bug—a bug! He made me come kill it." Gorya said with a small sigh.

Rosa wasn't one hundred percent sure if Gorya shared the same feelings that Thyme felt for her, however, she could see a spark in her eye whenever she talked about him—even if she was reprimanding him all the time.

"That's my brother for you," Rosa said with a smile. "But really, he cares about you Gorya, he's trying his best to help you."

Gorya nodded with a small smile. Suddenly more screeches were heard. Rosa looked up to see what was going on, and there was Ren, walking over to their table.

"Hello, Rosa, Gorya." Ren greeted.

"Hello, P'Ren."

"Rosa, I'm going to go look for something for Thyme's new place. Do you want to come with me?" Ren asked with a smile.

Rosa nodded as she stood up. "See you later, Gorya. If my brother causes you any trouble, feel free to call me."

Gorya waved goodbye to the pair, a knowing smile on her face.

More screeches were heard, and being frank it was getting quite annoying.

"Rosa is really beautiful."