[16]

"The life you have left is a gift. Cherish it. Enjoy it now, to the fullest. Do what matters, now." – Leo Babauta

It was like the universe could not give them a break

Gorya had broken up with Thyme, and she had informed the house bodyguards where Thyme was. Rosa could not believe what had happened, her heart could not bear to see Thyme so upset. Something in him changed, he was ignoring everyone.

It had only been five days, since the sudden breakup and Thyme was already moving on. He had given Lita a chance, but Rosa knew that he could never love her. Not when he still loved Gorya, despite how hurt he was.

Thyme was walking down the stairs, his steps heavy.

"Thyme!" Rosa called out to him.

He stopped, though his stare remained in front.

"I know that you're hurting—but do you really have to shut me out?" Rosa began as she walked in front of him. "After you said that we had each other's backs."

Thyme remained silent.

"Thyme, we don't have to talk about it. I just miss my brother—my annoying big brother." Rosa finished, her voice soft.

He finally lifted his gaze from the floor, to look at her. There was a faint smile on his face, as he brought her into his embrace.

"I'm sorry, Rosa. I'm sorry for shutting you out," Thyme said. "I just didn't want you to see the bad side of me."

Rosa let out a laugh. "I think I saw that side of you the day I arrived here. But you've changed. I just need you to remember to that you have me."

Thyme nodded. "I know you disapprove of my sudden relationship with Lita but I'm giving it a chance. It what Gor—she told me to do."

Rosa stayed silent. Of course, this is what Gorya said. She couldn't hang on any longer, and Rosa didn't blame the girl. Gorya was such a selfless person, she believed that if Thyme were with Lita everything would be easy for them. But what she didn't understand was that Thyme was ready to fight, because he loved her. He didn't care about what anyone else's feelings, because all that mattered was what was felt between them.

"Thyme, you don't like her," Rosa bluntly said. "You can't hurt Lita in the process. Think about her feelings."

"I will like her," Thyme said abruptly, before changing the topic. "So, where are you going?"

"Out with Ren," Rosa blushed slightly. "Speaking about him, can you believe he hasn't asked me to prom yet!"

Thyme let out a gasp. "WHAT. I'm going to beat some sense into him."

Rosa tried her best to not laugh. For a moment, she saw the real Thyme. This was who she missed.

She felt her phone buzz in her pocket. "I'll be going now."