Epilogue

"Well, Jo. I'm impressed. This novel is selling just as well, if not better, than the last."

"I found someone to write for."

"Evidently. I wasn't sure if your book was going to sell... an alternate ending to your wildly successful book seemed a little risky, but, it's proving to be well worth it."

"It's what the readers' wanted. Well, really it's what happened, and it's what I wanted too—and now have."

"Congratulations. I never thought you'd be married."

"Trust me, I didn't think so either. But life is unexpected."

"Well, either way. Jo and Laurie: a Retelling of Little Women will be a best-seller, just as Little Women is. Congratulations on everything."

"Thank you, Niles," Jo smirked and shook his hand. Jo walked out of the publishing office feeling grateful for the way God had worked everything out, her husband awaited her, "Is that my lovely wife who's just published another soon-to-be best-selling book?"

"And if it isn't my husband, an incredible music teacher whose teaching is far better than the rest of all instructors!"

Laurie ran to his beloved and swept her off of her feet, "You know, I think you'll have to get used to seeing a different author's name on your books."

"It's a wonderful thing to get used to, I would say," Jo kissed Laurie on the cheek.

"Why, I would agree," Laurie grabbed her hand and they walked past the window display seeing, as Laurie mentioned, a different author's name credited for the works: Josephine Laurence.