Prologue

YOU WILL BE MY DOWNFALL
"SHE'S DEAD NOW AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT"

YOU WILL BE MY DOWNFALL"SHE'S DEAD NOW AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT"

12 Years Ago - Los Angeles

THE BIRDS WERE CHIRPING, and the sun was shining bright. Lucifer Morningstar was going to have a great last day on Earth. Starting the day with a long, peaceful nap-

His phone rang.

He began stirring in sleep, groaning at the sound. Coved his ears with a pillow, cursing at whoever was calling this early.

A smile began to form as silence filled his apartment.

It soon dropped, hearing his ringtone once again. He let out a frustrated sigh, throwing the blanket off to the side. He sat at the edge of the bed, picked up his phone off the nightstand, and brought it close to his ear, ready to give this person a piece of his mind.

"You better have an excellent reason to why-"

The man on the other line began to rant, interrupting him.

__________

There he was, standing in front of the police station. Wondering why he was told to come here and if it was too late to turn back.

The man on the phone made it seem like it was an emergency. Although Lucifer could care less, it was his curiosity that lead him here.

Eventually, he pushed all those thoughts aside, took a deep breath, and walked through the front doors.

A policeman stopped in his tracks to see who walked in. "Are you Lucifer Morningstar?"

Lucifer was a truthful man. Not lying about anything nor about who he was. People never believed him when he was going around calling himself the 'Devil'.

Overall, he was a pretty well-respected man and very wealthy. For that, he owns one of the best nightclubs around, 'Lux'.

He also wears suits... only suits.

"The one and only," Lucifer answered. "Why exactly was I called here?"

"Ashley Morningstar, your daughter, came in asking for you," The man replied. Assuming that she was his daughter seeing how they share the same last name.

"Morningstar?" Lucifer whispered. He grew confused at the similar last names. Not thinking much of it, he pushed it off and thought it must've just been a coincidence.

"Where is she?"

The man pointed to the corner of the station. There you see a brown-haired girl with hazel eyes sitting in a chair. In her hands was a piece of paper that she played with to keep herself entertained.