Eight

YOU WILL BE MY DOWNFALL
"BUT I DO NEED TO ASK YOU TO DO A FAVOR FOR ME..."

Rumors spread around like a disease

Rumors spread around like a disease. Everyone should've known what was happening when Isabela was caught crying, but they just thought it was because of Ethan. But once someone saw Penelope crying, and everyone hadn't seen the Nephilim, that's when they pieced it all together.

Ashley was dead.

Sure, the three only met days ago, but that doesn't mean they didn't care for one another.

This morning, everyone was dressed in black. They all wanted to do a funeral for Ethan, but at the last minute added Ashley. They both had a picture, surrounded by flowers each student and teacher placed.

Meanwhile, Hope was making her way through the halls to the front of the school where the funeral was being held. She wore a black dress and had a single red rose in her hand. To her knowledge, they were only honoring Ethan. When she walked out the doors of the school, her eyes landed on Penelope and Isabela embracing each other. She looked around and spotted a picture of Ashley.

Guilt hit her harder.

She knew the Nephilim was safely downstairs in a cell, but everyone else thought she was dead.

__________

Penelope knocked on Hope's door and walked in. "Package delivery." She closed the door behind her and placed it on the Tribrid's bed. "It's from New Orleans."

Hope opened the box and was met with an urn.

"No way is that your dad," The Witch spoke. "At least what's left of him."

The Tribrid nods. "He funded this school for me so that I'd always have a place to call home. I figured I'd honor that by scatting him here." She placed the urn above the fireplace.

Penelope didn't know what to say. "That- That's something. I mean, it's nice that you're doing that for him."

Hope chuckled, making her way to sit on her bed. "How have you been with this whole Ashley situation?"

The Witch took a deep breath. "Uh, it's been a rollercoaster." She sat next to Hope. "I haven't gotten much sleep, I've just been staring at her side of the room."

The Tribrid gave her a sad smile. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I'm fine," Penelope reassured. "Isa has been taking it the hardest between the both of us."