One

YOU WILL BE MY DOWNFALL
"I AM NOT MY FATHER! AND I'LL BE DAMNED IF I END UP LIKE YOU!"

YOU WILL BE MY DOWNFALL"I AM NOT MY FATHER! AND I'LL BE DAMNED IF I END UP LIKE YOU!"

The Present

Ashley Morningstar is making her way up to her father's wonderful throne. Sarcasm is heavily applied in the word 'wonderful'. She wasn't even halfway up the stairs and was tired, taking small breaks to catch her breath. She wasn't out of shape, it was just the fact Lucifer had to have a tall throne. She wouldn't even be making an effort to see him if it wasn't for the question she's been wanting to ask for weeks now.

Finally, in her view, she could see her father sitting there, tapping his fingers on the armrest. She sat down on the top step, heavily breathing. "Would it kill you to get an elevator?"

"This is Hell, what do you expect?"

Lucifer did have point. So, she nodded her head in agreement. Getting up from the ground, ready to ask her question-

"No," He interrupted.

She was taken aback by his answer. "No? You don't even know what I was going to ask."

"I don't need to, the answer is no." Not even making an effort to look his daughter's way.

"I did not climb up these stairs for nothing. So, hear me out," She argued. Lucifer gestured for her to continue. "Great!" She started pacing back and forth. "So, as you know Hell is becoming a bit of a... bore. And I was wondering if I can go on vacation to Earth... like what you do." She smiled as she stopped pacing to face him.

He pretended to think about it for a second. "Still no."

"What! Why not?" She said angrily.

"Because you need to stay here to practice. You'll rule Hell one day and you need to be prepared," The Devil argued.

The girl scoffed. "I've been here for twelve years. I think I'm well over-prepared."

"How can you say that if you haven't even completed your training?" He question.

At this point, Ashley was just getting frustrated. "I've done everything here. I've helped the Demons, made sure everything is in order, I've-"

Cutting his daughter off.

"Have you gone to visit your mother again?"

The girl was lost for words. That was the only task she couldn't complete. She has been trying to push it off since the last visit didn't go as planned.

__________

There Ashley was pacing back and forth outside the room that held her mother.

"You can do this! you just have to be there for a while," She said to herself.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself down.