Five

YOU WILL BE MY DOWNFALL
"ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US?"

YOU WILL BE MY DOWNFALL"ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US?"

In the dining hall was Ashley. She sat alone eating breakfast, waiting for Penelope and Isabela, texting them to hurry up.

"Hi."

She faced to the right at the boy, "Hey?"

"I'm Ethan."

"Ashley." She looked away from him to continue to stare at her phone, this time texting Maze. Since the Demon had to leave last night to take Trixie home.

"I heard you're new, and I thought you might not have any friends yet." He rubbed the back of his neck. "So, I was thinking... maybe we could hang out... together."

The Vampire looked up from her phone to face him again. "Who said I didn't have friends?"

"I- I just thought that you didn't. I- I mean you were just here alone," Ethan stuttered.

"That's sweet," She reassured, trying to make him less nervous. "But my friends are just taking their sweet ass time getting out of bed."

"Oh," He sighed. "Well, we could still go out, and catch a movie maybe?"

"Are you trying to ask me out?" Ashley laughed.

"Depends... how am I doing?" Ethan questioned.

The Vampire pretends to think. "Uh, I'll give you... one star."

"That bad huh," He chuckled.

"You seem sweet, but-" She stopped talking for a moment. "How do I say this? ...It's not you, it's me."

"What?" Ethan asked.

"Okay, I'll just say it. I'm-"

"Gay," Penelope interrupted, putting her tray on the table, and sitting down across from the Vampire. "She's a lesbian."

Ashley pointed at the witch. "Yeah, what she said."

Ethan looked surprised. "Oh, um... sorry. I- I think I'm just gonna go." He quickly left.

The Vampire laughed. "Thanks for the help, but how'd you know?"

"You're gay and it's showing," The Witch shrugged. "If you're hiding it, you're not doing a very good job at it. The closest door you're hiding behind is see-through, in fact, it's glass."