♕Ch. 3 Daddy Dearest♕

Triggers:

Emotional abuse

Weapons (i think yall gon like this)

You already know but..... YO👏🏾 PRETTY👏🏾 ASS👏🏾

-------------------------------------------------------
Your pov:

A round of chuckles escaped the men as you opened your burger and took a nice big bite. You hadn't realized how hungry you truly were until you took that bite. Faded pains of hunger attacked your abdomen as you pulled out of your parked area and headed towards your home.

"If you don't mind me asking," Hawks started. "What's in the box you asked me to grab for you?" A proud smirk graced your lips as you glanced in the rear-view mirror, only to find those golden irises searching for the attention of your f/c ones. You averted your eyes back to the road before you got lost in them. Silently, you tried to decide whether to tell him now or let him find out later. With a playful sigh and turned your attention back to him.

"You'll find out." You said in a playful tone, Dabi's unnaturally dry chuckle ringing through the car after your words.

By the time you reached your house, you'd finished your burgers and were nursing your fries and big cup of water. You'd parked your car out in the front and left it running, sitting in park while you mustered the courage to face your father again, and possibly fight for your life, tonight. With a small sigh, you rolled your seat back and turned back to Hawks.

"Hand me the box, please." You said, your voice now devoid of any emotion. Hawks have you an intrigued glance. If it was for your dry voice or your mystery case, you couldn't tell. You didn't dwell on it, however. You laid Eve in Dabi's lap and pulled your box from the back. You ignored the curious blond, who'd leaned to the front to settle between you two, and focused on the box. It was more like a really skinny brief case that was about 3 feet long.

You took a breath and relaxed, closing your eyes as a symbol on the back of your hand started to glow as if lava flowed under your skin. The symbol lit up on the case as well, right above the simple looking lock.

"Release." You commanded in a stern voice. The symbol responded, flashing brightly before fading away after a click sounded in the car. The symbol on your hand also faded back to your natural skin color as you opened your eyes. You opened the case, revealing two halves of a hellish looking spear resting side by side in velvet. Next to the spear, rested a shorter similarly designed sword sitting in it's sheath. You pulled the sword from is little nest before closing the box and laying it across your dash board.

"These are my mother's hand-crafted weapons. Most of her arsenal was either crafted by highly regarded smiths or bought from mainstream shops. But she made these so that she could pass them down to me. At least that's what my adoptive mother told me. She could be lying but I don't think she'd lie about this when it wouldn't even benefit her to lie." You narrated to Hawks, who currently held a look of pure shock.

"Wh-...." Hawks struggled to form words as he admired the intricate detail on the handle and sheath of the sword. You finally turned your gaze to meet Hawks' incredulous gawking.

"Want to see the blade? It's absolutely beautiful." You said softly, an edge of some emotion in your voice. Though, none of you could figure out what exactly that emotion really was. Regardless, Hawks nodded. You slid the sheath off of the sword, just enough to see the design and name next to the hilt. From the hilt, your name, carved in Japanese, rested next to a collection of lotus flowers; a few petals flowing out from the bunch and drifting down towards the point of the blade which was still hidden in the sheath.

"I don't know what mage she came in contact with, but she managed to find someone to enchant the sword so that the next generation who gained rights over this sword would have their name carved into it in place of their parent's name. Same thing with the spear." The shocked silence weighed heavy in the air, thanks to Hawks. Eventually, he snapped out of his thoughts.

"Ok, I have many questions, but I guess I'll start with why do you need these just to deal some drugs?" He couldn't tell if he was missing something or if you were just showing off your family's prized possessions. Dabi turned his gaze to you, face blank, but his eyes sparked concern. It was like he was ready to help cover some wound Hawks had unknowingly opened, even if that wound was invisible to the naked eye. With a deep breath, you nodded towards Dabi, lowering his protective side for you to explain.

"I'm taking protection." You finally said, a grave tone to your voice.

"Protection?" Hawks asked. He watched you pull the sword back into it's sheath and close your case back up, setting the seal with another forceful "lock" command.

"Dearest papa isn't all that appreciative of me running for my life again. I have twins to protect and I don't know if this is a trap or if he really needs me to run a couple drops. Odds are 50/50." You spoke coldly before you got out the car, saving your confidence despite the hop it took for your feet to actually meet the asphalt. You peaked around your seat to catch Hawks' eyes.

"You don't leave this car 'till I say so. Got it? I don't need anymore trouble and him finding out I'm playing Driving Miss Daisy with the number two hero is more trouble." Hawks nodded in understanding before leaning back into the back seat. You felt Hawks' eyes on you as you stretched your wings out, shaking them a bit to relax the tension riding up your back.

"If anything happens-" Dabi started, but you cut him off.

"I know, I know. Go for the kill and fly out to Paradise." Dabi nodded.

"Let her poop on the grass so you're not covered in bunny shit." You commented before shutting the car door, slipping your sword into a couple of custom-made belt-loops added to your jeans, and trotting a barely noticeable pregnant waddle up to the front door. You knocked on the door and backed up. You put your hand in a fist, then lifted your index finger and pinky, a small fire burning between the two. You hid that hand behind your back and waited for your father, now feeling a bit more protected than when you'd considered going in bare a few minutes earlier. Thanks to your father's undoubtedly drunk laze, you felt extremely tense. With a sigh, you pulled a pre-rolled blunt, lavender and rose petals replacing the hit of weed you desperately needed to roll this stress out, and held it up to the miniscule, yet blazing, flame between your fingers.

"Thank you, TikTok~," You sang, having learned of their relaxing effects and lack of drawbacks. You were just about to light it when you had a thought. Is this safe for my girls? With a heavy sigh, you put the unlit blunt back in your pocket. That video hadn't mentioned if it was safe for pregnant women to smoke. Just as you put it away, your father forcefully swung the door open, the stench of alcohol wafting off of him so strong that you physically recoiled and covered your mouth to avoid releasing your recently eaten dinner. Pregnant sleeping on an empty stomach is even less appealing than it may seem at first. After a moment of gaining some composure, you took a tentative breath and turned back to your father. It seems he was having his own moment, having procured some drunken form of vertigo and nearly fell right on his back. His head definitely would've hit that little step right in front of the front door, as his late wife appreciated traditional Japanese homes. You did have an appreciation for them as well, but never made a move to express it as a child because of your fear of his no-doubt possibly irrational response. Too bad, maybe next time.

"It's about time you got here." He bumbled drunkenly, his only working eye erratically searching for a focus point. You cleared your throat, folding your wings back as a sign of resignation and surrender.

"I apologize, traffic was rather heavy this evening. I suspect the league was setting off a villain attack again." You lied to keep his attention off of you taking your time to school your fears back into their small box, far far away from your rather expressive face. He hummed in response as if he had no real opinion on "the boring little shits" -he'd called them that in a drunken rant once- and backed up, albeit wobbling a bit. You had to give him credit for his amazing balance, despite being damn-near black-out drunk and very top-heavy. Meagerly, you slinked into the doorway of your childhood dream turned long-running night terror and slipped off your slides and into some slippers. You were relatively sure this thing would take some time. He only got this drunk early when things are weighing heavy on his head. You'd most definitely have to take your time and work your vocabulary extremely meticulously.

Tonight's gonna be a long night.

♛Aight Cy'all♛