Chapter 4

It had been a week since Rei was taken away from the Todoroki household, Enji had gathered all his children into a room and forbade them to reach out or even try to look for their mother. The five kids shook their heads vigorously and told their father that they would do no such thing. Enji then grabbed Shoto and Izuku, dragging them away to the training room.

𝓣

Izuku was playing hide and seek with Natsuo and Fuyumi and had decided to hide in the forest. He knew his siblings would never look for him there because he wasn't allowed to go there by himself however, what they didn't know was that Touya was training there so he wouldn't get in trouble. Izuku smirked to himself as it was quite obvious that his plan was genius.

As he made his way up the hill, Izuku started feeling as if something was off. The fire he was seeing was bigger than usual and wasn't as controlled but he just shrugged it of as Touya doing something new, until he heard screaming.

Stopping in his tracks, Izuku listened in case it was just his mind playing tricks on him but then he started hearing more screaming causing him to run towards the sound. As he got closer to the source, the screaming got louder which made him pick up his pace.

Mortified, Izuku stared at the fire and in the heart of it he could see his older brother kneeling down and screaming for help. Izuku tried to go into the fire but it kept pushing him back so he decided to the only thing that he could do, he screamed. Izuku screamed and cried out for help until his throat hurt and even when it did, he continued to scream.

Enji was about to teach Shoto another move when he heard screaming but he dismissed it until he heard more screaming. He decided to go check it out and it wasn't what he expected at all. There was a big fire in the forest near their home and it was blue. There was only two people he knew that had a quirk with blue flames and it seemed to be that they were both screaming.

Enji raced back into his house and called the fire department. As soon as they arrived, he led them through the forest. When they arrived at where the fire was, they saw Izuku on the  ground near the fire still screaming for help. Enji moved Izuku out of the way while the fire department did their job.

The fire was put out in minutes but unfortunately no body was found except for what was assumed to be Touya's jaw. Enji sat down on a log and buried his head into his hands. Sighing, he looked up to see Izuku just staring at the spot where the fire once was.

Izuku couldn't believe that Touya was really dead. A lump formed in his throat and his eyes began to water before tears started streaming down his face. He balled his hands and pressed his finger nails into his palms until they began to bleed. The small boy then fell onto his hands and started screaming out his brother's name.

"Touya! Touya!" Izuku screamed which made Enji sigh. He stood up and apologized to the fire men before approaching Izuku to drag him away but Izuku made it difficult. He wriggled and gripped the ground even harder causing Enji to take a breather before trying again.

Then, something unexpected happened, the area where Izuku was holding onto started to freeze and for a moment Enji believed that Shoto had followed them but he quickly realized what had truly happened. He watched as half of Izuku's hair slowly became black. Snapping out of his thoughts, Enji picked up Izuku by his stomach and put him over his shoulder before walking away. He had big plans in mind for this boy, big plans.

𝓣

Izuku was curled up in his bed reflecting on the past month. First his mother got taken away and he was forbidden to see her and only a week later his eldest brother had died. He had rarely left his room that month due to his grief and only really talked to Shoto.

The youngest Todoroki sighed and rolled over in bed to face the door. A few minutes later, the door started to creak open which made Izuku sit up in bed.

"Who's that?" Izuku asked meekly.

"Izuku my dear boy," Enji started, "it's time for you to stop mourning and start your new training."

Enji was smiling at Izuku as if it was a good thing but the young boy knew it wasn't a good thing, not a good thing at all.