Chapter 9

The two twins walked out of the flower shops, each holding a bouquet of flowers in their hands.

"Do you think she'll like them?" Izuku asked his brother.

"Yeah, she always did say they were her favourite," Shoto answered. The two then journeyed on in silence before they approached a park.

"Let's stop by the park," Izuku spoke, pointing it out to his brother. Shoto checked the time before agreeing as they had plenty of time before visiting hours were over. The park was fairly empty and it was mostly joggers and  elderly people present. The younger twin seized this opportunity and ran of to the swing set and his brother followed suit.

"I haven't been on a swing in like forever," Izuku said as he swung himself, attempting to go higher and  higher as he did so.

"We haven't been in a park in like forever either," Shoto added while swinging himself but not as high as Izuku.

"Yeah the last time we went to a park was when..." Izuku trailed off.  He stopped swinging and sat on the swing as it slowly rocked him back and forth. Shoto stopped swinging as well and turned to look at his twin rather puzzled.

"Do you think she'll want to see us," Izuku questioned, he stared at the ground as if waiting for it to respond and show him the answer to his question, "especially after all those things that happened just by looking at us."

Izuku then looked at his brother before looking at the sky before remembering a rather painful memory.

𝓣

Before the tea incident that landed Rei into the mental ward at the hospital, it was a common occurrence that she would lash out at her children, mistaking them for Enji. This was mostly directed at the oldest Touya or from time to time, the twins. The Todoroki siblings did get used to this and never blamed her for doing this as in their eyes it was not her fault but the fault of her husband, their father, Enji Todoroki or better known as Endeavour.

This incident took place before Touya sadly passed away (Izuku likes to think of it as God saving him from this cruel world) and to be totally honest with you, the Todoroki siblings wondered why this wasn't the reason their mother got taken away:

The twins covered their ears and hid underneath the blankets while all hell broke loose in the house. They could hear items being smashed and what sounded like a door being broken, screams and pleas for mercy which then followed with curses as the pity cries didn't work. The sound of wrestling and bloodcurdling shrieks of pains which echoed throughout the entire house. Then it all stopped. The house was filled with a menacing silence before the sound of a door slam resonated through the house.

The twins stood up and made there way to the door of  their bedroom. It stood there, being a barrier to the cruel world that waited for them behind it. It was almost as if it was daring them to leave the safety of their bedroom and be met with whatever cruel fate was waiting for them. The young twins decided to venture the hallways of their house as they would be heroes one day and should be able to do things like this. Looking back now, that was an idiotic thing to do but when we are young we tend to do stupid things so willingly.

The house was a mess, the remaining pictures on the walls were either burnt, impaled by ice or torn to shreds. The twins clung to each other as they came across the door which was ripped of its hinges and impaled by a pillar of ice. Their brains screamed at them to turn back, forget whatever escapade they were on and run back to their bedroom but they powered on, determined to find their mother.