Chapter 13

"Are you excited to be the new number one Endeavor?" Hawks asked as they made their way to the stadium where the event was held.

"You never know Hawks, you could be number one," Endeavour replied flatly.

"I doubt it."

The pair waited backstage for their names to be called. Endeavour clasped his hands together, as the presenter droned on before finally getting to the hero rankings.

"And the new number one is," the presenter paused as he opened the envelope, "Endeavour!"

Applause erupted as Endeavour walked onto the stage, trying his best to contain his happiness. He zoned out as the presenter went on to reveal the next top 10 heroes, not caring about that information as he was finally number one.

"Why aren't you happy to be number one?"

"Huh?" Endeavour said as he snapped back into reality.

"You have a great big smile on your face which is basically unheard of," Hawks said as they walked off the stage and out of the building, into the street.

"What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing, just thought..."

People began to scream and run towards the new number one and number two heroes. They looked at each other before sprinting into action, asking fleeing citizens what was going on. They arrived at the scene, freezing at the sight of the villain.

"It's a Nomu," Endeavour growled.

"Endeavour."

𝓣

"You're dad's now number one," Kirishima said, "how unbelievable is that."

The twins didn't reply just continued to stare at the TV, refusing to believe that their father's dream had actually come true.

After the training camp incident, UA had decided to build dorms. The reason being that it would allow them to properly protect their students. It had taken a lot of convincing but they managed to get all the parents to agree. 

All the 1A students continued to comment on how unreal it was that All Might was no longer the number one hero and how they hoped Endeavour would be able to complete the job. Even when asked for input, the twins said nothing opting to just watch the TV instead, waiting for the presenter to say it was just one big joke. Unfortunately for them, it wasn't and the program was soon ended.

"You're daddy's now number one, how does that make you feel," Bakugou said as he sat down in between the twins.

They continued to say nothing and just glared at him.

"What, is it a crime to ask a question?"

They both rolled their eyes and turned back to the TV which was now on the news. Live footage of people running away screaming was on display which caused everyone in the dorm to stop talking and pay attention to the TV again.

"It appears that a Nomu is the one causing all the trouble and unfortunately, no hero is on the scene yet," the lady narrated.

Soon Endeavour and Hawks appeared on the scene, the fire quirk user racing forward and attacking the villain.

"That Nomu looks stronger than the one All Might faced."