Chapter 7

Class 1A all sat down nervously except for three of them and waited impatiently for their homeroom teacher. Today was the day that an annual UA  competition would take place but no one ever knew what it was. It was always picked at random and the students didn't know what the event was until the day. Last year it had been a sports festival and it was televised for everyone to see just like every year. They never did the same event two years in a row but the Sports Festival did happen quite frequently. Maybe they put the events on a wheel and spun it to choose which one would take place, no one really knew though except for the UA staff.

"This years competition will be one we haven't done in a while," Aizawa said abruptly, cutting through the silence in the room. Some people began to sweat profusely knowing that couldn't mean anything good. They were all already dressed in their sport uniform, wanting to get this done and over with as soon as possible. They all waited for Mr Aizawa to direct them to their arena but were surprised when he simply made his way to the podium.

"Try your best and goodluck," Aizawa said before putting a gas mask on. Gas started to leak into the classroom and everyone began to panic, believing that maybe this was a villain attack and the man standing infront of them was a villain. People began to pass out which caused people to panic even more and rush towards the door and windows to try and escape but to no avail and they all ended up passing out to.

𝓣

When Izuku woke up he was puzzled. He was laying on the floor in a grey room with no furniture and a single lightbulb that swayed slowly from side to side. He stood up and made his way to the metal door and pushed the door open to see nothing but a dimly lit hallway. He made his way down the corridor slowly and then he heard a scream. He paused and heard something like a huge chunk a metal walk of in the opposite direction. After being absolutely sure that whatever that thing was gone, he went to investigate who had made the scream.

He walked down the hallway and made some left and rights until he found someone, trapped in an electric dome prison. Izuku touched it and cursed when it shocked him. The person trapped inside was someone who he didn't recognize. It was a boy with purple unruly hair and bags underneath his eyes.

"Are you in Class 1B?" Izuku asked the boy and the other teen snorted in disbelief.

"No, I'm a Gen Ed student but thanks for thinking I could be in the hero course," the purple-haired teen responded. Izuku just rubbed his nape and smiled awkwardly before asking what was going on and the sleep-deprived boy looked at him in disbelief.

"We're in a maze and there are robots prowling around and if they catch you they'll put you in this dome thing which prevents use of your quirk," the teen explained, "to win you have to escape the maze and then everyone else will go free."

Izuku nodded in understanding and was about to say something when he heard something robotic sounding heading towards them. He ran of but not before thanking the other teen and smiled when he heard in the distance, 'you can thank me by winning this game'.

𝓣

Shoto believed he had terrible luck. He had gotten the terrible misfortune of running into Bakugou in this horrible maze and now the blond had decided to follow him and wouldn't stop yapping about winning this entire thing and how he was going to prove that he was the best. How Shoto wished to just hand over Bakugou to the robots or knock him out but he had to keep reminding himself that this was being televised so it wouldn't look good on his part. He often thought of losing the explosive boy but he knew that was highly unlikely so he simply just sucked it up.