ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

•••

•••

     Derek looked at Eleanor, the woman's expression mixed between nerves and something else he couldn't decipher, "Elle," he called to her. She glanced over at him in the passenger seat, "who is it?"

     Eleanor knew she couldn't go back now, it was already in the open, "before you get mad at me I need you to remember that I know who it is personally, and I would never rat them out unless it was a serious situation," she said.

     "Alright," Derek agreed, "just tell me."

     Eleanor looked over at Derek, her eyes sad as she prepared to say his name, "it's Peter," she said.

     Derek took a second to process it, wrap his head around what she had just said before he genuinely laughed. Eleanor looked at him like he was crazy, "are you seriously laughing right now?" She scolded him.

     "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Derek chuckled, calming down from his laughter, "no, there's no way Peter is the alpha," he told her.

     "Derek why would I make this up?" She asked him, offended he didn't believe her after everything they had been through.

     "I don't know," he shrugged, "maybe your subconscious can't take you being back here without him so it's making things up," Derek reasoned.

     "You think I'm crazy," Eleanor deducted, speeding up so she could get home faster.

     "That's not what I'm saying," Derek tried to defend himself.

     "No it's fine, Derek," Eleanor brushed off, "this is exactly how you were when we were younger and I was telling you about Kate," she said, "you don't need to act like I don't know you and you sure as hell don't need to gaslight me into once again thinking that I am crazy."

     "Elle, come on," Derek said, done with the petty argument.

     "Stop, Derek," Eleanor demanded, her eyes flaring red for only a second before they turned back, "I know what I saw and if you don't want to believe me fine, I'll stop Peter by myself, god knows I can."

     The car ride was silent the rest of the way. Eleanor backed into the garage, immediately getting out and not even bothering to say goodnight to Derek as she walked into her room. She got changed and ready, almost instantly falling asleep once she hit the bed.

     Midnight rolled around, it was a Friday night before the full moon, and Eleanor was bored out of her mind. Normally she would be out at some party with Derek, not even thinking about coming home for another hour or two.